Sunday, July 14, 2013

Falling in love with hiking!

One of the many reasons that I have fallen in love with Washington is the amount of trails, parks and opportunities to experience nature and God's amazing creation. I have always felt closer to Him when I am in nature, when I am sitting at the beach, on a trail, looking at a sunset and that I one of the major reasons why I find such joy and peace and satisfaction being around Washington. 

I love that my kids can hike, explore, ask questions and experience nature around them and it is so readily available. And now that Graham is at an age where he can walk more and participate it was so much fun this summer to take them on those experiences. 

Our first hike was to Boulder Falls. It was about 3.5 miles round trip and I was amazed at how well the kids did! It was a great hike and had a wonderful reward at the end!

At the start of the hike with my mom's dog Bailey!

Signing in at the beginning of the trail

Sibling love walking under a tree root



The reward at the end was a gorgeous twin waterfall. It was breathtaking! We spent time climbing around the rocks, taking in the scenery and just being in awe.





The next hike we attempted was at Artist Pointe in the Mt Baker National Forest. The drive up to the Artist Pointe was intense. I am super scared of heights and watching us climb higher and higher and looking out the window and seeing the drops down. 



When we got there we didn't realize how much snow would still be there and couldn't even find the trailhead. It was crazy! We walked around and took in the sights of all the peaks, stumbled around in the snow! 


Family Picture
Sibling love! Trying to represent my University of Texas Longhorns with my two Texas Tech Raider sisters!
We ended up driving down and doing a little hike along a river and then called it a day! We did more hikes on our camping trip....post coming up next!

No comments: