Wednesday, April 29, 2009
We had such a great time together! I miss her so much! I know that she is thinking about moving back to Texas someday with her husband and I am really hoping they do. Megan is the type of friend that there are no masks with. She is honest and always herself. You get complete honesty and transparency from her and you can do the same with her. What was so nice about this visit was that she was married last June and this was the first time that we were together both as wives. It brought a whole new aspect to our friendship and such a blessing to talk with such a good friend about something that we now share!
We spent the afternoon Monday playing with Peyton and it was so weird to see my college roommate here playing with my daughter. We have gone through so much together and I love that I can share this part of my life with her.
John came home from work and once I got Peyton into bed we went out just the girls for some Mexican food! We had so much fun talking and talking about everything!We then came home and hung out and talked with John until about 1:00 AM in the morning. Of course Peyton woke up early the next day (she knows when mommy doesn't get any sleep) so I was up at 4:00 AM with her. I was exhausted most of yesterday but it was worth it!
I thought it would be fun to share some of the photos of Megan and I over the 5 1/2 years that we have known each other. We still find it mind boggling that we went from being potluck roommates our sophomore year of college to now being married and sitting in the living room of my house surrounded by baby toys.
Our joint 20th Birthday Party about a month after we met..potluck roommates
My 21st Birthday
Pregnant at Megan's Bachelorette Party - May 2008
Megan's Wedding in Oregon - June 2008
Monday, April 27, 2009
- Last week we celebrated 2 years in our house! I remember when we decided to go ahead and build our home and how we watched it being built and moving in. It has been such a blessing to have a home to make our own and we are so grateful! I know that the day will come (in about 3 years is what we are planning) that we will have to move and I already dread that day. We have built so many memories here!
- Peyton has finally started to like and more importantly want solids! This was a testament to kids will do things when they are ready and was very hard for me but it was a good lesson. So...after starting rice cereal around 5 months and then veggies at 6 months and Peyton gagging and refusing to eat so we stopped for a little bit and then restarted with rice and oatmeal and have been doing that twice a day for the past month. At first she wouldn't eat them, then she progressed to eating it but only if she was doing it herself (licking out of the bowl or grabbing the spoon) and then finally this past week she has been cleaning out the bowl, letting me feed her and wanting more! We will be doing cereal for another week and then starting with some yummy fruits.
- Bottle refusal is still going strong...as shown by her screaming and refusing to eat on Friday. We even tried giving her milk in her cup and she was having none of it. I am not ready to wean her but I do want to be able to be away sometimes. Mostly this new attempt at the bottle has come because I have registered for a photography class in May and have plans to do more that will require me to be away for her bedtime feeding. Since I refuse to skip this class (I have waited three plus months to get a spot) and honestly think that her bedtime feeding is a comfort thing more than actually eating...she will just have to go to bed or wait up until I get home. Poor daddy :(
- We are looking at planning a trip over Memorial Day weekend. This past weekend we have been looking at different options and narrowing it down and then yesterday we pretty much decided where we wanted to go BUT then this whole Swine Flu thing has gotten a little more serious. Even though we weren't planning on going to Mexico, I still would like to wait a couple of days to see what happens. We haven't booked anything yet besides boarding for Titus (which I can cancel up to 72 hours before) so I am just going to see how things go and then make a decision. We REALLY want to go on a vacation and were looking forward to a nice time away as a family of three where we can focus on our marriage and just enjoying spending time with Peyton. After all our deliberation we were so excited about our plans so I am hoping we can still make it work. Stupid Swine Flu!
- Finally...this week is shaping up to be a little crazy! Today and tomorrow my best friend Megan is coming to visit!! She lives in Oregon and the last time I saw here was at her wedding in June (I was 26 weeks pregnant). She is in town for her Grandmother's wedding and is making a stop at our house before leaving tomorrow. She hasn't seen our house and hasn't gotten to meet Peyton yet! I am beyond excited! Then Wednesday I have a play date/bible study then on Thursday/Friday I have some serious work to do to get ready for a Kentucky Derby Party that we are hosting on Saturday. Busy, Busy! Also...we are watching my sister for the next couple of weeks while my mom is off visiting my dad (which means I better be better about blogging about pictures/Peyton's development because she will be going crazy without seeing her "lovey" for two weeks). It isn't too much work but I do have to remember to drop her off and pick her up at school. If anything it makes me get going in the morning instead of going back to sleep.
She kind of looked a little confused at why we were having a bath outside and with clothes on but she was pretty amused by the large amount of water around her!
The big neighborhood pool opens up next weekend so we will be making a trip there and checking that out.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
At the restaurant they cook the burgers behind some glass so you can pretty much see them doing everything. Lots of movement and people in silly hats. Well, Peyton was so fascinated by all of the commotion and this was her watching them so intently...what a silly girl!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Well, after the rain had stopped and the street in front of my mom's house had drained we thought it would be fine to continue our trip to the mall. As you can imagine that was foolish and we got stuck all over League City trying to avoid high water and eventually turned around.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Today's activity is....
Cause and Effect
Target Age: Middle Infant
What To Do: Your child will enjoy seeing what happens when turning the bedroom light 'on and off.' Help your child turn the light switch on and off. When the light goes on say, "On," and when it goes off say, "Off". Your child will begin to understand cause and effect.
You can check out the website at www.productiveparenting.com
Monday, April 13, 2009
We then had a grown up Easter egg hunt which had a nice twist this year leaving me with $20 for my egg hunting efforts (I spent that this morning on a cute sundress I have been wanting at Target).
It was a busy day but such a beautiful day celebrating the hope we have in the resurrection of Jesus!
I will leave you with Peyton's bible verse from Pee Wee Ville for the month....
Saturday, April 11, 2009
We are all pretty tired from our busy day and Peyton is out for the night although she was surprisingly happy for such a busy day...maybe my easy going baby is making a comeback...I sure hope so!