Monday, April 14, 2008

17 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

The baby weighs five ounces now (which she might be a little bigger since the last ultrasound she measured around five ounces) and she is around five inches long. She can move her joints and her skeleton - which was rubbery cartilage - is starting to harden to bone. Her sense of hearing is also developing. The umbilical cord, her lifeline to the placenta, is growing stronger and thicker.

How is the Mommy doing...

This week has been a roller coaster week with finding out we were having a girl, starting to get sick and just being busy. I started feeling a little sick on Tuesday and it has been getting slowly worse, so please pray for a speedy recovery. Friday was my monthly doctor appointment and everything went well and the doctor is pleased with how both me and the baby are growing. She said that based on my ultrasound the baby is measuring a couple of days earlier but not enough to adjust my due date. On Saturday, John and I both went out and ran with a new running group in our area and participated in a 5k run. It felt great to be out running again and me and the baby finished the 5k doing a run walk combination (3 minutes running with a 1 minute walking). It worked out really well and will probably keep doing something similar until it gets too uncomfortable. Also on Saturday, we did some major yard work by pulling out some plants and replacing them, mulching, and planting some pretty flowers. It was nice to be outside on such a beautiful day and nice to finally personalize our front yard from the basic builder landscaping.

Please pray for us as we are starting to finalize baby names and although there is a strong contender for a first name we really have no idea on a middle name. Also, please pray for rest for me as I have been really tired physically, emotionally and spiritually. Praise that John and I have been married for 18 months today and that our marriage is strong and growing stronger!
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: Friday, May 9 for my monthly appointment
  • Total Weight Gain: 8 pounds
How is the Daddy doing...

John has been great at handling a pregnant wife and has really been taking great care of me and being patient with me and my needs. He has also been amazing in getting all of the yard work done so I could just sit and plant pretty flowers. Pray for rest for him as he is pretty tired as well.

No comments: