Sunday, April 20, 2008

18 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

Head to bottom, she is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She is busy flexing her arms and legs. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she is born. Her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and are in place.

How is the Mommy doing...

Well, after a week battling the flu I am finally starting to feel better. I tried to fight it off early in the week by just resting and hydrating but by Wednesday, I called my doctor and found out that I was able to take some medicine which I took as little as possible and it helped fight this thing off. I am still a little stuffed up and 
have a cough so pray for continued healing and that our little girl hasn't been affected by this.

Since I was sick for most of this week, it has been a pretty quiet week around here. We did make it out to the Galleria yesterday and bought a bunch of maternity clothes. I never realized how much more comfortable a pair of maternity pants would be! We are pretty set for a little while and will probably make another trip in a couple of months. 

I have been narrowing down nursery decor and am getting close to making a decision. I will post pictures of what we go with when we finally decide. We will also be registering for classes at the hospital in a couple of weeks which will be exciting. Finally, we are still working on names and are pretty close to deciding on a first name but are still working on a middle name. 
  • Total Weight Gain: 9 pounds
  • Next Doctors Appointment: May 9 
How is the Daddy doing...

John has been amazing in serving me and praise the Lord that I have such a patient husband. It was so nice to not have to do anything this week besides rest and get better.

He has decided to do the marathon again next year and started out by running a couple times this week and then making it out on Saturday for a 7 mile run. We will be registering for next year's race, the Houston Marathon (John) and the Half Marathon (Che) in a couple of weeks. 

No comments: