Monday, May 12, 2008

21 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

She now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long - the length of a carrot. Her eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed.


How is the Mommy doing...

Well this week has been pretty long and hard. I think I exhausted myself in Austin with all of the walking up and down hills, late nights and I just made myself tired. So, most of this week has been resting when I get home and trying to catch up on sleep. I even rescheduled my dentist appointment so I could sleep in on Tuesday morning instead. It is hard to not want to keep going at my normal busy pace and weird when my body responds negatively. Although I was tired most of this week, our little girl was not and she has been moving and kicking daily. She is really active when I am sitting at my computer at work and I feel her getting stronger and stronger everyday. I am pretty sure John will be feeling her soon.

I had my monthly doctor appointment on Friday and everything looks good. Our little girl is growing like she should and my blood pressure, weight, measurements etc are all right on track. Her heart rate was 150 bpm which is normal. My next appointment will involve a blood test for gestational diabetes as well as the normal routine checks. My doctor also mentioned that she doesn't want me to be traveling after my trip to Portland which should be fine but there is a large amount of photo/video shoots with work coming up this summer so pray that we can make arrangements for the right people to go in my place.

This weekened has been pretty busy but tons of fun. Saturday was Megan's bachelorette party which was tons of fun. It was great to see Megan and celebrate her upcoming wedding. Today John surprised me with a handwritten note from our little girl which was pretty cute and a gift certificate for a pre-natal massage. Although the baby isn't born yet it is nice to be treated by John and appreciated for all that I have been doing in preparing to be a mom. I have always wanted to be a mom and am so excited and scared at the same time that I get to enjoy this time in my life! We also headed out to Katy for lunch with John's mom and a little visit.

Some good news from work this week is that we will be getting our Summer Fridays this year which are every other Friday off from May 30- August 29. This is a huge blessing as I now don't have to use vacation time for our trip to Portland for Megan's wedding in June and it will be nice to have some extra days off this summer to prepare for the baby and relax. It is also crazy to think that once Summer Fridays are over I really only have a couple more weeks of work until I start maternity leave, my last day is September 12.

We didn't end up visiting the day care this week due to scheduling issues but are planning to use my first Summer Friday (May 30) to go ahead and make a visit.

  • Next Doctor's Appointment:June 9 for my monthly check up and to test for gestational diabetes
  • Total Weight Gain:13.5 pounds
  • To Do This Week: I really want to start cleaning out the closet in the soon to be nursery and finding homes for everything so we can start purchasing things for the nursery and putting it together

How is the Daddy doing...

Well John made a little trip to the hospital early in the week as he stubbed his toe on Monday night. He was walking into our bedroom and ran into a leather bench with his foot. I thought it would get better overnight and that it couldn't be that bad. Well, when he woke up on Tuesday with a swollen and very bruised toe he decided to make a visit to the ER to make sure it wasn't broken. It isn't broken but the doctor gave him a really fashionable shoe to wear and told him to take it easy for a couple of weeks. The healing over the week has gone really well. John barely even notices the pain any more.




John was able to order the remaining parts for his computer this week and put it together and now has a working computer which is such a relief. He also did a bunch of yard work yesterday and was busy again today in the backyard planting the tree. We are so excited to finally have something in the back yard!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job on your computer and I love the tree!

Bryce