Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Peyton!

What a great day we had celebrating Peyton's birthday! We are so blessed that God has given us this precious little girl to raise. I never knew being a parent could be so difficult and rewarding at the same time. I love it! It has been an amazing year and I can't wait to see what this next year has in store for us.

Here we are putting together Peyton's birthday present last night.....

Here is the birthday girl playing in her fort and reading books....

Part of Peyton's birthday present was making her room into a more of a big girl room. I found a dresser on Craigslist for $30 and when I picked it up there was a scratch so I only paid $20. It was an UGLY fake cherry color so I painted it a green color, found some cute knobs (pink crystal ones) and it is super cute! We also rearranged her room so she has a play area and room for her birthday present...a table and chairs for all of our tea parties. I love her present and her new room!


Here is Peyton checking out her new table and chairs...who wants to come over for a tea party!

We had chicken nuggets and homemade mac and cheese for dinner and instead of cake we had ice cream sundaes since Peyton LOVES ice cream. My mom has some better pictures of us blowing the candle out on the ice cream cone so I will post those when I get them. I love that we went with ice cream sundaes instead of cake because it will always remind us how much she loved ice cream.

After ice cream it was time for presents. She got her first baby doll, some play ice cream cones that help teach colors, clothes, a music box, a tea set and a music CD (which she started dancing to immediately). She is a lucky girl and had fun giving her baby doll a kiss and playing with her new toys!

Overall a wonderful first birthday and a day full of memories! Next step...her big birthday party with more family and our friends next Saturday. I have lots of stuff ready but still have a lot of work to do and because I am running out of storage room our dining room table has become the holding spot.

No comments: