First some updates and developments on sweet Shiloh…
- She grew out of her newborn clothes several weeks ago and is in 3 month clothes filling them out nicely. Very hard for mommy to fold up and put the newborn clothes away :(
- No official stats from the doctor (she goes in about a week or so) but we believe she is right around 10 lbs based off of our very accurate weighing using Wii Fit.
- She smiled for the first time just after five weeks and is smiling more and more! Probably the best fuel for a sleep deprived mommy! She smiled the other day for Peyton and it was great to see Peyton's excitement over it.
- She is following Baby Wise pretty well and we are on a pretty consistent eat, play, sleep schedule during the day with her eating every three hours. Her "play" time is getting longer and she is more alert during the day. She is in the more alert stage of development and is watching people, looking around more and taking everything in.
- She is sleeping from 10:00 PM to 4:00 AM and then again until 7:00 AM consistently which has been great! She started this schedule around four weeks on her own and it is working great!
- Shiloh is a very gassy and fussy baby. During the day you can tell she is gassy and she recently started spitting up and having bad hiccups but at night it is rough. We started giving her gas drops before her late afternoon feeding which helps get everything to start passing but she is still fussy. I have cut out dairy, have only a cup of half caffeinated coffee a day and cut out most other foods and it doesn't help, she is just a gassy baby. We are just waiting for time to pass and for this phase to pass. But in the meantime we have a very fussy baby from 7-10 PM. If she hasn't settled by 10 PM she is up pretty much all night and miserable which has been rough. Thankfully we have only had three or four of those nights. I am not sure if this fussy/witching hour, is worse than the other two kids because looking back they were fussy during those times but it feels worse only because when you have two other ones you are so much more exhausted.
- Thankfully as fussy as she can be from 7-10 PM she is super happy and easy going during the day. She follows her schedule pretty easily and will fall asleep relatively easily. She fell asleep on her play mat the other day! She is overall a happy baby. It will be interesting to see her personality develop in these coming weeks once we are out of the five-six week fussy stage.
|Check out her cute leg warmers! So much fun!|
- She has only slept in her crib (and her mattress is raised at an angle) once and sleeps instead in her rock and play bassinet thing that keeps her at angle. She falls asleep pretty easily after you swaddle her on her own but with her reflux and gas pains she likes the angle of the bassinet. Occasionally we still have time to get to have cuddles and she sleeps on mommy!
- Shiloh loves her pacifier….just like her sister….and uses it often!
- Shiloh has taken a bottle of breast milk a couple of times and did great, we are trying to be better about giving her a daily bottle (but I can't find the time to pump) so we don't have any issues later on and so everyone can be involved in feeding her
- She is starting to "coo" and grunt back to you and in response to you which is always such a sweet sound
- Shiloh is such a loud sleeper! She grunts and moans and stretches so much in her sleep! I keep thinking she is awake and when I check on her she is sound asleep but just making noises. I thought Peyton grunted a bunch but Shiloh has her beat. She is so loud! She also loves to stretch and stretch when she wakes up….it is very amusing.
|All dressed for the day!|
I will say that one of the biggest stresses and hardest things to not be in the moment about is our flight back to Washington in a couple of weeks. I have no idea why but the idea of flying with Shiloh overwhelms me so much! I would fly anywhere in the world by myself with the two older kids but the addition of a baby freaks me out even knowing that John will be with me. Part of it I think is that I have never flown with a lap child. And just the whole vacation/leaving comfort of home with a baby overwhelms me. I think I worry about it being hard like it was when we flew with Graham at ten weeks and moved here, although the flight wasn't hard the transition to being here was hard BUT I take deep breathes and remind myself that this is a vacation and we are not moving across the world with a ten week old baby like with Graham…this is a very different situation!
|Our sweet Shiloh|