Wednesday, July 16, 2008

30 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

She is about 15.7 inches long now and hse weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of a cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluiod surronds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision- which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

How is the Mommy doing...

I can't believe we only have 10 more weeks to go! Crazy how it seems like the other day we found out we were pregnant!

After waiting so long to really feel her kick, she is making up for lost time, especially between 11-5! I love feeling
her kick, hiccup and move around. She is still pretty fickle though and although I say she is making up for lost time she only gives you one good kick a hour so it is still difficult for John to really feel her move since there is so much moving. She is a pretty mellow baby. Feeling her move though is a wonderful feeling and reminds me how much I love her and am so excited about her arrival. Absolutely the best part of being pregnant!

This week we finished our classes at the hospital with infant care and we are now supposedly ready to go through this whole birth process. We will probably do some follow up reading in the next couple of weeks and then in a month or so pack our bags etc. We are looking into taking an infant CPR and first aid class which will only be two nights so it is nice that we have our Monday nights back!

I finally got some more information on the glider and why it hadn't been shipped and Target pretty much told me it would take an additional six weeks maybe. Pretty much they were no help. So I ended up canceling my order and finding a cheaper and better matching glider on another website and it shipped out on Thursday so I should get it on Wednesday!

I had a dentist appointment on Thursday and praise that everything was healthy. I have read that with pregnancy and the influx of hormones that you can develop some inflamation and some gum issues and given my past dental history I was a little worried that pregnancy could make things worse but I actually had a better report from the dentist this time then I did in November before I was pregnant!

John and I have been walking more and more this week and I even ventured on a 2.5 mile walk to rent a movie on Thursday night. It is nice to get out an exercise even if I have to walk pretty slow. Hopefully we can continue our nightly walks as long as possible.

I had Friday off (part of my Summer Friday) and John and I made it over to my doctor's appointment in the morning and everything is still looking good. I have been having some pain on my left side (upper left abdomen) that feels like burning and just stretching and only comes later in the day/evening. She suggested trying out a maternity belt and helping alleviate some of the pulling and stretching so I need to start looking into that. I am now going to the doctor every two weeks and am anxiously waiting for 36 weeks where we get to have our final ultrasound to check if she has moved head down. John and I can not wait to see her and see how much she has grown. After the doctor's appointment we visited two additional day care places and then went back to one to do a second tour and ask some lingering questions. After having lunch and discussing all of the options we decided on a day care (Primrose) and went ahead and registered her for a January 5, 2009 start date. After that we went and visited our friend Sarah and her little girl Emma who was born end of May. It was great to see how much Emma has grown and also be able to pick Sarah's brain on advice based on her experience in the early parts of being a mom. I love that Avery will have other kids her age around and am looking forward to being a parent with so many of our friends. After that we went and hung out with our small group and had dinner and then headed over to Main Event for laser tag and bowling, both of which I had to sit out but my sister was John's partner in my place and it was still fun.

Saturday and Sunday we started on the "to do before the baby comes" list and did some major cleaning, organizing and just general things around the house that we never seem to have time for. We are just trying to get litttle things done before the baby comes because we know that we will have even less time once she is here.

This upcoming week is remarkably quiet. I am really looking forward to Friday becausemy mom will be in town for a couple of days. I can't wait to see her (I haven't seen her since January) and am hoping that the baby will save up some good kicks for her to feel when she is here.

Please pray for John and I and preparing for the baby. We (more like I) have been pretty overwhelmed the past few weeks with all of the gear that she needs and just some normal fears about becoming a mom. Pray that we are comforted and not stressed so we can enjoy these last few weeks.
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: July 25 
How is the Daddy doing...

John loves visiting Sarah and baby Emma and is very excited about his little girl. Seeing Robbie interact with Emma when he came home really got John excited about how although his evenings will be different how great they will be caring for his little daughter. He has decided that he is tired of running and is going to try a general fitness program instead of running for insane hours every weekend. So, we will probably need to start looking into transferring his Houston marathon entry to someone. 

Also, some friends of our created a fun survey when they were waiting for their little girl to arrive so we thought we would join in the fun. Check our links section to particpate or you can click here.

No comments: