Monday, July 7, 2008

29 Weeks


What is the baby doing...

Avery now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, I will need plenty of protein, vitamin C , folic acid and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, I will need to make sure to get my calcium as this trimester about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in her hardening skeleton each day.

How is the Mommy doing...

This week started off with us going to our second to last class and going on a tour of the hospital. It was great to be able to see where we will be in September and go over the process. It is very reassuring to know what rooms we will be in when and where Avery will be going and just the procedure to expect. Our last class is this Monday where we will be going over basic infant care. After that John and I are going to sit down and review some of the things we learned and write out our contact list and just go over things that I will need and I think will help during labor. 

Tuesday we were able to meet up my dad who was in town helping my sister move into her new apartment in Pearland. We caught up with him for a little bit and then went for dinner with him, my sister, and her boyfriend. It was great catching up with everyone but it made me miss my dad more and am looking forward to seeing him again in August for a couple of days. My sister has moved into her apartment and I am so happy that she is closer. We had her, Hardy (her boyfriend) and Max (her chocolate lab) over for Fourth of July for lots of food, games and watching the Kemah fireworks which was so much fun. Titus and Max love playing with each other and have a great time. It was also just really nice to spend time with my sister knowing that she is so close and we can do it again anytime we want. I love my family living so close and Titus loves that Max can come over more!

On Friday we also went and got the stroller/travel system for Avery and after much deliberation between two we picked the Chicco Cortina Travel System. It is all put together and we are storing it in her room for the meantime but we now have a car seat to bring her home from the hospital which is a relief. I am still waiting for our glidder and ottoman to be shipped and am getting worried. Hopefully it will ship this week.

The rest of this weekend has been relaxing and today was a great day celebrating John's birthday. I am so blessed to have an amazing husband and am so excited about Avery meeting her wonderful dad!

  • Next Doctor's Appointment: This Friday
  • Total Weight Gain: 27 pounds
  • To Do This Week: Last class at the hospital, doctor's appointment and visit some more day cares
How is the Daddy doing...

John is pretty exhausted from work and is in need of some peace at work. John has enjoyed this weekend with Fourth of July with having Ashley over and is pretty excited about my family moving closer. He had a great birthday with lunch with his mom and then spending the afternoon having birthday cake and relaxing. We ordered his birthday present yesterday, a pretty sweet 22" LCD Monitor and he is anxiously waiting for it to arrive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are SO CUTE!!!!
I just love that, that bump is going to be another member of our family, I cant wait :-) xxoo Mom