Monday, July 28, 2008

32 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

By now the baby weighs 3.75 pounds (about the size of a large jicama- see picture for reference) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in my uterus (which I can feel). I am gaining about a pound a week (sometimes more, sometimes less in my case) and roughly half of that goes right to the baby. In fact, she will gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

How is the Mommy doing...

Oh my gosh...I can not believe that we have less than 60 days! I was telling John that once August gets here, we are having a baby next month, crazy! I am actually starting to get more and more scared. I am so excited about meeting our little girl and holding her but I am also scared of this little tiny thing. I know it is first time mom fears and I hope as soon as I see her all my worries will disappear.

This week has been a pretty exhausting week. On Monday I was able to make it down to Pearland and see the progress my mom and sister had made on her classroom which is amazing! She has an awesome jungle themed reading corner with these cool leaf umbrella things we found at Ikea. I am so excited for her and for the students that will be in her class this year. After seeing the classroom we went and laminated all of the stuff for her boards and posters and then we headed to her place to start the never ending process of cutting things out. It took forever and I ended up spending the night there. On Tuesday, John and Titus headed over to my sister's place to meet up with me, my mom and Ashley and we took both of the dogs to the dog park. They had a blast! I again ended up spending the night becuase I was just too tired to drive home. I finally stayed at my house on Wednesday night and I starting to catch back up on my sleep.

My doctor's appointment on Friday went well and everything is progressing as it should. Later that day I met up with my sisters and we all had lunch and then just hung out that afternoon. The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing, watching Batman, having some friends over for dinner and just resting.

Other than being tired from this week, everything else is going well and our little girl is definitly running out of room and I can feel her move even the slighest bit. John was able to feel two strong kicks last night and even felt her move from one side to the other. It has also been fun trying to figure out which body part I am feeling (so far elbow/knee has been winning).

I will try and get some more pictures up during the week so stay posted!

  • Next Doctor's Appointment: Friday, August 1

How is the Daddy doing...

John had a nice relaxing weekend as well and has been challenged by a recent bible study to examine his work/life balance and see where he might need to make some changes. Pray for guidance as well as diligence in maintaining the right balance in his life.

No comments: