Sunday, June 8, 2008

25 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

Head to heels, Avery now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight - a pound and a half - isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair - and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

How is the Mommy doing...

This has been a crazy week! Monday was our first class at the hospital and it was not as scary as I thought it would be. We would really appreciate prayers that we continue to learn what we need to and that we are not stressed with the time commitment.

I left on Tuesday for my trip to Iowa for work at the world's largest truck stop in Walcott, Iowa. The event was a success and I managed to not wear myself out too much. For those who don't know what I was doing all week long. One of the accounts that I work on is for Shell Lubricants and their product Shell Rotella T (a heavy-duty engine oil for big trucks) hosts an annual contest, Shell Rotella SuperRigs, to honor working trucks. Pretty much it is a beauty contest for trucks. Some of these trucks are amazing and they all come out to win some prize money and possibly get a spot in the annual calendar. It is sounds a little weird but it is tons of fun and you meet some of the most interesting people and hear their stories. I have a whole new appreciation for the trucking industry. While in Iowa, I had my first experience with a tornado! On Saturday, as we were doing the award ceremony we were informed by a police officer that he received word of a tornado watch and that we needed to speed things along. We finished the award ceremony and as soon as everything was done it started looking worse and we were advised to take shelter in the truck stop. As soon as I got inside it started pouring down hurricane like rain. We waited it out and then went back out to the event and saw that the main tent had blown down among other things. We cleaned up slightly and then when there was word of another possible tornado in the area we headed out to get to the hotel and away from the bad weather. A little wild but all turned out fine! On my way home Sunday I encountered more bad weather in Chicago which meant sitting on the runway for two hours but I finally got home to my wonderful family!

While at the event, I have noticed how much more uncomfortable I am getting. My back has been hurting slightly for awhile but it is now starting to be constant and painful with no relief. I find that no matter if I am sitting or standing the middle to upper left side is painful. I am not sure how I am going to be able to handle this for another 13 weeks especially since I am only going to gain more weight. I also noticed that I need to stop and catch my breath more and more which is weird when I feel like I just ran the half marathon in January.

While away, John painted the nursery for me and I am so happy! It really meant a whole lot to me that he did that while I was away and that we are one step closer to a finished nursery for Avery. The crib should be delivered this week and a couple of other items should arrive as well.

I also realized this week that the stroller that we registered for is now discontinued which stinks! The new fabric design will be out shortly and hopefully we can add it to our registry or order it soon without it being on back order. I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with how much stuff we need to get for such a little person and hopefully starting more on the nursery I will be feel better.

This week is another busy week. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday where I will be tested for gestational diabetes along with my monthly check up. Then that night we have our second class at the hospital. It also looks like I will have a pretty busy week at work and then John and I leave on Friday morning for Portland for my good friend Megan's wedding where I am a bridesmaid. We will be spending Friday and Saturday in Portland and then driving to Seattle on Sunday and returning back to Houston on Monday (we will be updating the blog Monday when we get back). This will be our last trip before the baby comes and we are excited about getting away and being able to visit Seattle. Pray for safe travels and that I am able to rest when needed.
  • Next doctor's appointment: Monday, June 9
  • Total weight gain: 20 pounds
  • To do this week: Catch up at work, get a pedicure and pack for our trip to Portland!
How is the Daddy doing....

John really hates painting...really! Which is why it was such an act of love to have done it all week while I was away. Other than finishing some painting in the hallway from earlier this year we should be done with painting for awhile. This week John has a presentation at work. He is excited about our trip this weekend to Portland and to Seattle and is pretty excited about visiting the first Starbucks with me!

No comments: