Monday, June 23, 2008

27 Weeks

Welcome to the first week of my third trimester!

What is the Baby doing...

This week Avery weighs almost 2 pounds (like the head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, her brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning -with a lot of medical help - if she was to be born now.

How is the Mommy doing...

I am so happy to finally have a pretty calm week and some sense of normalcy. We attended our class at the hospital on Tuesday and learned about pain medication during labor which was interesting. Pray for guidance for me as I start to make decisions on whether I will choose to have an epidural during labor. The rest of the week was pretty calm and then this weekend was busy but still overall relaxing. On Friday, our friend Robbie Shelton helped us out by picking up the crib with John. We are so thankful for his help in getting it home. Saturday we had a Fajita Lunch for Pee Wee Ville which was great to sit down with other people we serve with and offer suggestions on how to make it better. I love that we go to a church that sees the importance in a children's ministry and that our daughter will have place where she can learn about Jesus starting as an infant. While we were there, one of our friends, Sonia also blessed us with giving us her barely used Boppy Pillow which is one less thing we will need to get for Avery. After the lunch I went for a prenatal massage (my mother's day present) which was amazing! It was so relaxing and just what I needed to take care of some of the aches and pains I have been having. I have already decided that I will be going at least one more time before the baby comes. Later that afternoon I finally got started on my arts and craft projects and painted the letters for Avery's room and painted a shelf. I also started on washing everything that she has gotten so far and putting it away in hopes on staying on top of it. We also hung the curtain and made the crib. I love how everything is coming together and can not wait to bring her home to this room we have put so much time into.  Tonight we are going to hang up the letters, buttery mobile and shelf and then the nursery is pretty much done. We are still waiting on the glidder to be delivered at the end of the month but it is nice to know her room is ready for her. Once we get a replacement to our camera I will make sure to post pictures. If you remember, I originally said I wanted the nursery done by end of July so we are a month ahead which is nice! Next steps are working on purchasing the stroller/car seat and all the other things that she needs. It is amazing how someone so small needs so much!

Avery has been kicking more and is starting to have consistent awake and sleeping times. John was able to really feel her kick strongly last night which was nice since she is so fickle in her movements. She is getting stronger and more frequent though which is comforting!

This week will be pretty calm and I have my summer Friday off! We will be visiting another daycare and then making a decision so we can make a deposit July 1 on where she will go. We are leaning towards the last place we visited (Primrose) but want to check out one more before making a final decision. Titus is also going to the vet this week so hopefully everything is healthy with him. Also, this Tuesday is my boss, Gary's last day at work. He is leaving for another company which is great for him but I will really miss him :(
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: July 11
  • Total Weight Gain: 23.5 pounds
  • To Do This Week: Visit another daycare and make a decision, Titus vet appointment
How is the Daddy Doing...

I (John is writing now) had a pretty good week.  Things at work are going really well.  Have you ever gotten to that point in your job where you are doing really well with your work, you're a go-to-person for information, and you're getting a lot done, well, that is how last week was for me, so I hope this week can be like that as well.  The weekend was pretty full.  Saturday morning was the official start for the Houston Marathon training for Texas Gulf Coast Running Club.  I have been there off and on this spring/summer, but now I have to kick my training into high gear if I'm going to win the marathon :).  Saturday afternoon was very unique for me; I put together my daughter's crib.  It didn't take very long to put together, but I know that I will remember the moment for a long time.  Sunday morning was also a new experience at church as I was asked to train to be a Room Host.  I have been pretty apprehensive about being a Room Host; being in charge of 30-50 4 and 5 year-olds sounds pretty scary, but I decided to put on my big boy pants and go for it.  I think it is going to be o.k., because God will give me the strength and wisdom to make it all a great experience.

No comments: