Thursday, June 26, 2008

28 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

This week the baby weighs two and a quarter pounds and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters through my womb. She is also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How is the Mommy doing...

I am starting to realize why veteran moms give me the sympathetic look that reads..."I am sorry you are going to be pregnant during the summer in Houston." It is hot and very draining. Eventhough I work inside and stay inside a good amount of my day just the increase in temperature wears me out. I have already asked John to turn down the thermostat about 4 degrees from normal and it will probably need to go lower than that. Other than being hot, we are all doing well.

Avery is getting stronger and kicking me harder and more frequently. I was actually able to see her kick when I was laying down on the couch on Friday. It is so exciting to know that she is getting stronger and growing.

This weekend was great, productive but relaxing. Friday we went and looked at another day care and still have a couple more we would like to visit before deciding. Titus also went to the vet for his annual check up and besides his persistent ear infection that has flared up recently, he got a clean bill of health. That night we celebrated a good friend, Kim's birthday which was tons of fun. Saturday we spent the day getting things done around the house which was a huge relief to be able to check off the list. I did attempt to do some errands at Wal Mart in the afternoon and quickly realized that it is getting way too hot to venture out of the house in the afternoon. Then today we went to church, had small group and then had a nice afternoon nap and then tonight I was able to catch up with my friend Diane for some accountability time. So a great relaxing weekend!

I am excited about the four day week and about being able to have my sister over for fourth of July. It is great that she will be living so close!

Also, check out the links for pictures of the nursery that my sister took when she was here! The butterfly mobile wasn't hung up yet and the glidder still hasn't arrived but you can get the idea of what it is looking like.

Nursery Pictures

  • Next Doctor's Appointment: Friday, July 11
  • Total Weight Gain: 25 pounds
  • To Do This Week: Celebrate John's birthday on Sunday (7/6)
How is the Daddy doing...

"It is freezing in this house." John has decided that this might be the only September baby in our family as we might not be able to afford the electric bill. He has been joking all week with me on how cold it is yet whenever he asks me how I am feeling, I am just barely comfortable.


John missed his Saturday morning run due to rain so this morning I suggested that he run to the Blockbuster and return a movie that we had rented thinking it was not that far. It ended up being an extra two miles than anticipated for a total of seven miles! John and Titus both survived although Titus is pretty worn out from the adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! My first son was a September baby!

The nursery is beautiful!