Sunday, August 3, 2008

33 Weeks


What is the baby doing...

This week the baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (about the size of a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She is rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull are not fused together, which allow them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal.

How is the Mommy doing..

Well, I would do anything right now for this to be the 37 or 38 week update as I am not sure how much longer I can handle this. I have been so uncomfortable all week and it is really draining emotionally and physically. I know this is all part of being pregnant but I was really hoping it wouldn't be this bad so soon, especially since I have 7 more weeks to go. If I could just figure out how to be somewhat comfortable at work then it would work out better but so far this week I have been having extreme back pain and some pain in my side. I told John the other day that I just want to quit but since that is not an option, I am hoping to find some relief. My last day at work is scheduled for September 12 if she doesn't come any earlier so I still have a ways to go :(

Since I have been so drained from work I really haven't done anything this week besides rest as soon as I got home. The diaper bag I ordered arrived this week and I am super excited about it. I spent a long time looking for a good deal and for something that John wouldn't mind carrying (I was pretty sure pretty flowers were out). I finally found a bag that got great reviews and was decently priced and even better was manly enough for John to carry! It is a Skip Hop Dash Deluxe Edition diaper bag and can convert to hang on the stroller as well. So far I am impressed but the real test will come in September! I got a couple other items in pale blue to match the bag (bottle thermos, portable changing pad) so we are set for our adventures outside of the house!

This week is pretty exciting as I am having my first baby shower! My work is throwing me a shower on Wednesday and I can't wait! One thing I love about my job is the people I work with and they truly make the drive into downtown a whole lot more worth it!

An update on the name, we are pretty close to agreeing on a new name but we are not 100% sure so it might be awhile before we announce anything.

Something fun I found was this birth prediction website (a silly game but fun either way) and this is what the prediction said, "They day I deliver, the outside will be overcast and my baby will arrive in the afternoon. After a labor lasting approximately 16 hours, your child, a girl (promising that it got the gender right without prompting) will be born. She will weigh about 7lbs 15 ounces and will be 19 inches long. The baby will have light brown eyes and be completly bald (a strong possibility since I was born with no hair)." So we will see if the prediction site is correct!
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: This Friday (8/8) for a regular check up and then 8/22 for our final ultrasound!

How is the Daddy doing...

John has really been making an effort this week to leave the office at 5:00 in preparation for what is to come when the baby arrives especially since he will be responsible for picking her up from daycare. It is an adjustment but he is doing well!

No comments: