Sunday, March 2, 2008

11 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

The baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Its hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under its gums, and some of its bones are beginning to harden. It is already busy kicking and stretching, and its tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as its body grows and becomes more developed and functional. The baby acrobatics won't be felt for another moth or two - nor will the hiccupping that may be happening now thats diaphragm is forming.

How is the Mommy doing...

Well, I am feeling better from the flu! Funny how when I was sick with the flu, I wasn't having any of my normal pregnancy symptoms, now that I am feeling better they are all back and in full swing (fatigue, sick to my stomach). I am feeling great during the morning and afternoon but I am still pretty tired and sick feeling in the evening. Only a couple more weeks until my second trimester and when I should be feeling more back to normal. I am going to try and start getting up earlier in the morning to walk/jog since I am feeling so good in the mornings. We have discussed more baby names this week and have two pretty strong contenders. This week I made my first purchase at a maternity store and bought a Tummy Sleeve. In case you don't know what that is, it looks like an elastic tube top but you put it around your stomach so you can leave your pants button undone and it covers that and helps hold your pants up. Since my work pants are way too tight around the waist it has been amazing and helps until I am big enough for actual maternity clothes. Not much else is going on, I am just waiting anxiously for the next appointment and our first ultrasound! I can't wait to finally see the baby!
  • Next Doctors Appointment: Monday, March 10. We will be having our first ultrasound that morning as part of our first trimester screening for Down Syndrome and any other genetic disorders as well as some blood work. Then later that morning I will be having my regular monthly appointment.
  • Total Weight Gain: About 1-1.5 pounds
How is the Daddy doing...

John is doing well and really trying to be helpful and serve me (my moodiness has not helped). He is learning to become a pretty decent cook and my meals have progressed from the first dinner he ever made me (chicken, plain noodles and corn). Work is still crazy and intense trying to finish up two unit rebuilds and so please pray for strength and patience.

No comments: