Tuesday, March 11, 2008

12 Weeks



What is the baby doing....

From crown to rump, the baby is just over two inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. The baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, it's toes curl, eye muscles clinch and it's mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if I prod my abdomen, the baby will squirm in response, although I will not be able to feel it. The intestines have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, and it will start to move into the abdominal cavity about now, and the baby's kidneys will begin excreting urine into it's bladder. Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly and the baby's brain synapses are forming furiously. The baby's face finally looks human and it's eyes have moved from the sides to the fron of it's head and the ears are right where they should be.


How is the Mommy doing....
I am overjoyed! We had our first ultrasound this morning and we have a healthy baby who is growing just like it should. It was so amazing to see the baby move and hear the heartbeat. I have been waiting for today and it was everything I was hoping for and more. Also, the initial test for Down Syndrome (Nuchal Translucency Screening) is negative and now we just have to wait for all the blood work to come in and we will have those results at our next ultrasound appointment on April 7. Before we went into our appointment John told me in the waiting room that he was curious to see how active the baby was, well, the baby pretty much was sleeping the whole time. Defiantly taking after me and the Hill family! It did move around a little also kicked but overall a pretty chill baby. The heartbeat measured at 152 BPM and the baby is approximately 3 inches long. After my ultrasound appointment I had my monthly appointment and everything is going great! I got to hear the heartbeat again at that appointment with the hand held doppler so it was a wonderful day!
Overall I am feeling better, still tired but getting more and more energy everyday. I have developed some pretty annoying headaches and am hoping those don't last too much longer. I am heading to California tonight for a TV shoot for work and will be coming back Wednesday. I am really excited about going to my first TV shoot! Pray for safe travels and energy.

On another note, today is Titus's third birthday!

Happy Birthday!
  • Next Doctor's Appointment: March 31 for blood work as part of my first trimester screening and then April 7 for my next ultrasound (anatomical scan) and the results from the first trimester screening blood work
  • Total Weight Gain: About 1.5-2 pounds

How is the Daddy doing...

John had a blast this morning at the ultrasound appointment and I think it is all finally settling in. He told me earlier in the week that it used to just be that I was sick and moody but now I have a little bump and he saw the baby it is real. He now asks him constantly to see my belly...it is pretty cute! This past weekend we had a great time organizing the garage, getting a work station, peg boards etc and finally took the time to get it organized. We got a garage door opener and will be putting that up in the next week or so. John's work is still crazy and will be for a little while so please pray over him.

Ultrasound Pictures....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome! It is so cool seeing baby Acord swimming around. Thanks for putting up the pictures so quick!

Bryce & Kim

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! We're so pumped for you!