Monday, March 31, 2008

15 Weeks


What is the baby doing...

The baby now measures about 4 inches long (crown to rump) and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple, or according to another book, the size of a softball). It is busy moving amniotic fluid through its nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in its lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than its arms now and it can move all of its joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fuse shut, the baby can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at my tummy the baby will likely move away from the beam. There is not much for the baby to taste but it is developing taste buds.

How is the Mommy doing....

Wow, this week has been busy! Monday started with a visit to a urologist to determine a course of treatment for a kidney stone that has developed and was found during my upper abdomen ultrasound. Pretty much I was told that we can't do anything until the baby comes. Once the baby comes we will treat it and remove it. In the meantime I just need to keep drinking extreme amounts of water. Also, please pray that the stone stays in the kidney and is not a bother until the baby comes and we can treat it properly. I then left for Kentucky on Wednesday for work and returned Saturday afternoon and got ready to attend a wedding. It has been a busy couple of days and although the trip to Kentucky went well, it is nice to be home with John and Titus. 

I have been having difficulty sleeping which is getting really old. I used to sleep on my stomach which is no longer an option and am having difficulty sleeping on my side. I never thought the addition of a tummy would be so uncomfortable. Please pray for me to be able to get more restful sleep. I have also been noticing that every night around six I start feeling stretching on my left side. I guess the baby likes to grow at night time! Other than the sleeping issue I am feeling great!

We have our next ultrasound on Monday, April 7 so I won't be updating until Monday night. This ultrasound is to check the babies development and measure how everything is growing as well as get the results of our first trimester blood work (testing for genetic disorders etc). Please pray for good news and that the sex of the baby can still be a surprise to us.
  • Next doctors appointment: Tomorrow (March 31) for blood work and then next Monday (April 7) for our next ultrasound!
  • Total Weight Gain: About 7 pounds 
How is the Daddy doing...

John is hanging in there....and glad that I am back from Kentucky (he realized how boring life is without me). Pray for guidance on our finances and upcoming decisions as John seeks God's will for us and our growing family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Che, we're praying for you guys...glad we can stay updated via your blog! I chose not to spend the money on the maternity pillow they have at Babies R Us but I sure wish I had given it a shot because I haven't slept comfortably and it continues to get worse. So you may want to invest in one if it would help!! I'll be praying for your sleep though...it stinks!

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture. Kim and I will be praying for you guys this week. Be sure to let us know how the ultrasound goes on Monday.

Bryce