Monday, August 11, 2008

34 Weeks

What is the baby doing...

The baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers-which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born- are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well.

How is the Mommy doing...

I am doing better than last week and am not as uncomfortable. I am still pretty ready to be done with being pregnant but this week was a little more encouraging. It also helped that I only had to work three days this week after having Tuesday off due to the Tropical Storm and then my Summer Friday off.

It was great having Tuesday off due to the Tropical Storm and even better when the storm was not as bad as it was forecasted. John and I spent the day relaxing and then my family came over for dinner and games that night.

I had my office shower on Wednesday which was so much fun. I am so blessed to have amazing coworkers who wanted to celebrate with me. I got some great gifts and I spent Wednesday night putting together the bouncer seat and setting up the monitor. A coworker took pictures so check out our link section to look at them or click here I am now just counting down the days until my last day at work (September 12). I am sure it will come quickly.

This weekend my family headed off to Lubbock for Ashley's graduation from Texas Tech with her master's degree. I am so excited and proud of her and It stinks that I couldn't join in the celebration. Since everyone headed out to Lubbock we looked after my mom's dog Molly which was fun. Titus had a little adjustment period trying to understand the age difference and why Molly didn't want to play with him but they have done great together and figured out each other.

Last night we went out for dinner in Kemah to celebrate five years of being together. On August 9, 2003, John and I went on a date to Kemah and he asked me to be his girlfriend. It is crazy to think of how much has gone on in those five years and we both feel so blessed that our relationship has grown to where it is today. It was a fun night out and we are both looking forward to seeing what the next five years will bring.

I was supposed to have an appointment on Friday but my doctor needed to reschedule due to being in a surgery that morning so I am going tomorrow for my regular appointment. Everything that I am feeling is normal according to all the books I have been reading so I am sure the check up tomorrow will be quick and easy. My next appointment after tomorrow will be August 22 where I should be having my final ultrasound to check the babies position.

Now that we are getting closer and closer, we are working on getting more and more things done in these next couple of weeks. Some things I want to get done by the end of August is packing my bag for the hospital, and installing the car seat.

  • Next Doctor's Appointment: Monday, August 11 and then Friday, August 22

How is the Daddy doing...

Since my parents and sister were out of town this weekend, they let us borrow Guitar Hero and John is pretty hooked and thinks he wants one now.

5 Years Ago (8.09.03) in Kemah after John asked me to be his girlfriend

No comments: