Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Next Michael Phelps

Well, maybe we should hold off on the 2028 Olympic plans but Peyton was a champ at her first swimming lesson!

We signed up for lessons at the YMCA. We are doing the parent child lessons that are Monday through Thursday for two weeks. It is a little intense having to go everyday but with us traveling we couldn't really fit anything else in. We are also taking them with Lindsey and Gavin (Peyton newest buddy) which makes it even more fun.

Today we worked on how to safely enter the pool from the side with a baby, how to reach for toys in the water (Peyton lunged for the duck which resulting in dunking her head followed by a smile) and then the fun started. We worked on watching mommy blow bubbles to start the interest. Then we were supposed to work on floating on our back which I knew Peyton would hate. She was a trooper and didn't break down but I was glad I wore my one piece Speedo because she was grabbing straps and pulling to try and turn over. We worked on kicking and kicked (or something like that) about half a pool length. Then the grand finale....jumping off the side of the pool! We put the babies on the pool edge and took a step back and sang some silly song (there is lots of silly songs) about Humpty Dumpty and then the babies were supposed to jump into your arms. The first time I had to pull Peyton in but then the second time she jumped! She had no fear and just jumped in! We did that for awhile and then time was up. It was perfect length of time (30 minutes) and we both had fun. I am so excited about tomorrow!

As I was heading home from swimming I was really hit how truly blessed I am to be able to stay home with Peyton. I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed this to happen, that I have a husband who supports me and encourages me and that I can share these moments with Peyton. I love my job and think I have the greatest boss in the world!
Also, grandparents...I have uploaded new pictures under Peyton Nine Months! Enjoy!

No comments: