Saturday, June 6, 2009

What we did this week...

We had a pretty good week last week at the Acord house and since I run out time during the week to blog here is everything all at once ...

Monday, Peyton and I started doing some shopping her birthday party. Yes, I know her birthday is three months away but I am leaving for Canada the middle of July and will be gone for a month. So, when I get back I would only have about two weeks to do everything. If I have learned anything these past nine months...it is that everything takes three times as long to do so I better get started now so I don't lose my mind. Anyways...we found some great things at Michael's for invitations and I have a bunch of other ideas to keep me busy this month. She is having a cupcake themed party so if anyone comes across some cute stuff let me know!

On Wednesday we attempted to go to the pool with some of our friends but it turned out to be closed. Apparently when is says open week days starting in June they meant June 9. How we were supposed to know that...I don't know. We ended up having everyone come over to our house and played here which was fun. I love that we have friends at the same stage of life as us and it is so much fun to watch all the little ones running around!

Thursday we went shopping with Granny and Auntie Shannon down in Houston. Shannon wanted to find some cowboy boots and found some cute ones at Buffalo Exchange for $27! I found some really cute and completely impractical (given my stage of life) heels that I bought because I haven't gotten any heels in forever and they were such a good deal! Shannon had a solution for my heels obsession....be like a Desperate Housewife and wear heels to play dates, shopping and getting the mail. Tempting but I am thinking it might be a fall hazard with a 19 lb baby on my hip. The store that I found them at had so many cute shoes that I threatened Peyton with daycare so I could go back to work and have somewhere to wear heels to. We ended up having lunch at Empire Cafe and heading home! It was a fun day out.
Peyton was a trooper as always but maybe it is was because of the change in her sippy cup....

No worries...no babies consumed any caffeine in the above picture. Granny was done with her Starbucks and thought it was cute! She is never to young to learn to love Starbucks!

That night John and I headed downtown to happy hour with a former coworker of mine. Kate was hired at JWT when I was and moved to New York last year. She was in town with her husband for a wedding so all of us former and current JWT people got together for a night of drinks and catching up. I was so happy that my mom came over and watched Peyton for us because it was the first time in a long time that John and I were out together doing something fun with a group of people. It seems that it is always one person or the other out and it is fun to do stuff together more often. We had a blast at the Treehouse which is a rooftop/tree top bar at the Discovery Green park. The bar was really nice and had great views of downtown and we could hear Jazz music from Discovery Green. Most of all it was so much fun as always catching up with everyone. I miss talking with Kate and being around her infectious joy...she is the type of person that you can't help but smile around her. I love her passion for life and her joyful spirit! I know I say it all the time but I miss the people I worked with!


Friday we had a busy day with Peyton's doctor's appointment, Titus's yearly doctor appointment, lunch with our Group Guide for the small group we lead and then we headed to Auntie Ashley's second grade classroom to help her pack it up. I was going to go myself but with feeding schedules it worked out if Peyton and John came too. John kept Peyton entertained while Shannon and I helped Ashley. It was tons of work but we finally got everything packed up...now we just have to unpack once it gets moved to her new room down the hall.

That night although we were all exhausted John and I kept our date scheduled and Peyton again hung out with Granny. We kept it short since we were out pretty late the night before and visited a Mediterranean restaurant in our area called Mediterranean Chef. It had a great atmosphere and delicious food! We will be going back for sure! I really felt like I was transported to another country! Tons of fun! After dinner we all headed home and were all in bed by 9:00 PM and we all slept in with Peyton waking up at 8:00 AM this morning! That is two hours later than normal! It was perfect!
Next week we have some playdates, storytime at the library, dinner out with the ladies from our small group, attempting to go to the gym at least once, start running again so I can justify me registering next month for the Houston Half Marathon in January (if anyone has suggestions on fitting in running and an infant let us know) and getting stuff done before our week becomes full with swimming lessons starting the 15th!

No comments: