Friday, June 12, 2009

Palm Beach

Yesterday we got together with a group of friends (total of four mommies, babies and one daddy) and headed to Palm Beach at Moody Gardens. Palm Beach is in Galveston but it is not the Galveston beach. It is a man made beach for kids so that means nice looking sand with no seaweed and all of the other nasty stuff you find in Galveston. They also have umbrellas set up for shade with lawn chairs , water slides and fun play areas and you can look out and see the Gulf Mexico so it feels like you are at the beach! It is only $25 for a season pass so Peyton and I enjoy this many more times until Labor Day weekend! We already have plans to go next week with many of the same mommies but this time most of the dads are off of work so they are coming too!

We drove down with our friends The Perry's. Lindsey and her husband are in our small group and Gavin is their little boy who is one week older than Peyton. Peyton tried to hit on him by putting her hand on his car seat but he didn't bit...until we got them sitting together on the sand and he put his arm on her. It was cute! Here is a picture of them together...I feel like Peyton is looking at him and thinking,"what are you doing?"
When we got there we swam around some in the more kid pool and Peyton loved to sit by the step and just splash away. She was having so much fun! I am looking forward to starting swimming lessons next week with her.
After swimming for a little bit we headed to the slide area. I was not too sure about going down the slide with her especially since I told John he couldn't take her down a slide in California and it was way more intense than the one there. I watched a couple of babies/mommies go down and then when my friend's nine year old niece successfully went down with her 12 month old I figured we could hang. Peyton loved it as far as I could tell. I knew though that as soon as I told John he would be mad because I wouldn't let him do it two weeks earlier. Sure enough he was a little frustrated but I promised him he could go next week with her and I didn't go down the more intense one so he can do that one.
Also by the slide area were those water things that shoot up out of the ground. I thought Peyton would be scared of them but she loved them and would sit right by one waiting for it to come up and get so happy when it did.

We had lunch and lounged around under the umbrella for a little bit and then finished up with another slide ride and some swimming and then we headed home with a very tired (she had a three hour nap) but happy baby! We had so much fun and can not wait to next week!

I am a little burned on my back because I couldn't get it all and forgot to get someone to help me but Peyton is good which is what counts. I did go out today and buy her a couple of new bathing suits today that are long sleeved because her arms showed a little color. No matter how much sunscreen I put on her and how often it didn't completely protect her so hopefully covering her up more will help.

It was a great day (so much so that I felt a little guilty being there and John being at work) and I love my little water baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah...what fun...wish I was there too. xox Granny

The Acord Family said...

Well when you finally come back from LA we can go one time before we leave for Canada! I would love to see Granny go down the slide!

Amber K. said...

Sooo cute!