Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I was so bad yesterday and totally forgot to take pictures of our Father's Day celebrations! It was John's second Father's Day and we are so blessed to have such a wonderful man in our lives! We started the day with a breakfast casserole I made him and gave him his gift of a new coffee maker. We only wish we could have spent some time with Papa. He is in California with Shannon and my mom and we are counting down the minutes until they come back!

We then lounged around the house and while we were hanging out, Peyton walks up to the laundry room asking for it to be opened, when I opened it she asked for the windex and some paper towels and immediately started cleaning! I didn't think our house was that dirty but apparently Peyton thought differently. She has always enjoyed helping me clean around the house but she has never gone off and initiated it. Either way we ended up dusting the living room and her room! Score...I have a maid!

We headed to church, relaxed some more and then went for frozen yogurt that night and on the way home Peyton feel asleep so we put her in her bed at 6:00 PM and she didn't wake up until this morning at 6:30 PM! I decided to lay down for a small nap and also didn't wake up until this morning. So poor daddy was all by himself and didn't get his burgers I planned for him.....well, at least he had some much needed alone time!

And this was her this morning....the opposite of cleaning! And yes, the mess is still there as I figured as soon as I picked it up she would want to do it again so it will stay like that until tonight!

No comments: