Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July

We didn't have much planned for the Fourth of July and spent the day outside enjoying the beautiful sunshine and cool temperatures and in the end it ended up being a wonderful day and a perfect way to spend the day. 


Being away from a "free" country whether it is Canada or the USA it makes me appreciate the holidays so much more. I am so blessed to have been born in Canada and to be able to call the USA my home as well and am so appreciative of all the men and woman who have fought throughout the world to preserve democracy and freedom. I hope that we can be back in the States soon...hopefully for good....to be able to celebrate as a family!


We started the day with some dancing in the kitchen complete with dress up clothes from the kitchen for Graham...





Peyton and G enjoyed coffee on the deck with the blankets.



Later in the day we went outside to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and we played hide and seek, tag, and ball with the dog.....





G had a great idea to build a fort with the tree branches that Papa was trimming. It was a lot of work but it was pretty awesome. We had an entrance to crawl through and we had our afternoon snack in there. We also had some friends...caterpillars!






Finally we had delicious hamburgers and all the sides outside on the deck enjoying the gorgeous scenery and wonderful weather. I LOVE the view from my parents...it seems like it is always different and so beautiful. That night we watched the sunset and then witnessed the most fireworks I have ever seen in my life. We could see fireworks from two other towns plus all the ones from houses along the lake and in the mountain. It felt like a war was going on. It was crazy! I tried to take some pictures but couldn't really capture it and hopefully the video I took captured it all and if so, I will try and post it later!


No comments: