Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Day of School

After about two weeks of being back, the start of the new school year for Peyton finally started. She misses the school cut off date by 4-5 days and so she didn't get to go to the PreK4 (prekindergarten) class at the big school this year which we knew and although I loved her preschool/mothers day out last year, I thought it would be good for her to experience having to change teachers/classrooms and go through that one more year prior to real school. The school that she is going to this year has a long waiting list and we actually called last year when we arrived to make sure she had a spot this year. I have heard amazing things about it which helped make the decision to have her switch. What I also love is that the school is a short walk down the street and around the corner!  

Here she is on her first day of school. She was very excited and ready although she was not too willing or excited about getting her picture taken and this was the best I could get.


I went back and looked at last years picture to see how much she has changed and I have noticed that she has gotten so much taller and her face just looks more grown up.What has changed a bunch is how willing  she is to go to school. She is not only incredibly excited, she is also just completely fine with me leaving and runs right in. She has done that since the first day and is  having a blast. I have really seen her grow up when it comes to being away from me and knowing that I will come back and that it is alright to go off and have fun without me! Such a big difference! Looking forward to this year and preparing for big kid school next year!

No comments: