Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Birthday Girl....365 days until I am 30!

So the countdown to turning 30 begins as I enjoy the last year in my 20's! Maybe next year will hit me but I am kind of excited about turning 30. Maybe it is because I am so much younger than most people here that I kind of wish I was a little older. I am welcoming the move towards my thirties....we will see how I feel next year!

Since my actual birthday (October 1) was pretty full with errands, ballet practice we decided to do my birthday a day earlier which also gave me two days of celebration which actually might turn into three since I haven't had a cake/candles/and song yet.

Anyways, in celebration of my birthday and my last year in my 20's....we hosted a BBQ on the beach for a group of our friends! We provided the meat and everything for hot dogs and hamburgers and everyone brought a dish to share and we had a blast. We had around 20 or so adults and 20 kids all around the same age (from 15 months to 5 years old) running around and playing in the sand and beach. So much fun! It was just a great evening of relaxing, enjoying each other's company and being thankful for the friends we do have here!








We ended up staying out late....well, as late as you can with little kids and finally wrapped things up around 8:00 PM. It was a great time and now that the weather is finally getting cooler I look forward to many more dinners on the beach. 

For my birthday, I got a beautiful hammered silver bracelet from a shop on Etsy that has a quote engraved on the side. The quote from Buddha is one that I have been meditating on often, "Do not dwell on the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." I love seeing it as a reminder to live in the moment, focus on the moment and enjoy life now. 

We spent my actual birthday running errands and dealing with cranky Graham so we never got to get ice cream and sing Happy Birthday so I am hoping that we get to do that tonight...which will be day three of birthday celebrations! Sounds great to me!

No comments: