Thursday, May 22, 2014

Introducing Shiloh Michelle Acord

Shiloh Michelle Acord

Born in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
May 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM 
 6 pounds 12 ounce
 20.5 inches long


Our beautiful little girl arrived on Thursday morning healthy and perfect! Our hearts are so full of thankfulness and praise and love! We will update more with her birth story and all the details but couldn't wait to share pictures and details of her. 

A little background on her name though, we picked the name Shiloh after lots of narrowing down choices and going back and forth and back again on possible names that we could agree on. We had it down to two solid choices and maybe a couple of other possibilities and I asked John to really think about it and make a decision. One morning we sat down at the table, each with our own piece of paper and we then each ranked our top choices out of five possibilities on a piece of paper and compared and Shiloh was at the top of both of ours.

I put Shiloh on my list originally because I liked it and liked the sound of it. John kept asking why I couldn't move past that name (he didn't like it at first) and I had no real answer besides that I just liked it. When we started looking into the meaning of Shiloh and saw not only the reference to the biblical town of Shiloh, but some meanings/translations are of being a place of rest, abundance of peace, tranquility, it all made sense why it was on my heart. The Hebrew meaning of Shiloh is "to have peace." And to me, it is a a reminder and representation of the peace, and tranquility that we have found in Him throughout this pregnancy and this stage of our life.

1 comment:

Stori said...

She's a doll! I can't wait to hear more about the birth and your life as a family of five!