Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No Bottles....

Peyton has decided that bottles are no longer acceptable and that she will only eat from the real thing. Are you kidding me? Unfortunately not. She started this when she spent the night at Granny's however she cried herself to sleep and then when she woke up and I wasn't there she gave in and took the bottle. We were hoping it was a one time thing however we realized yesterday that it was not.

I went over to a friend's house yesterday to watch her little girl so she could get her house together (they just moved back into their house after damage from Hurricane Ike about six months ago). My mom agreed to watch Peyton so I wouldn't be too crazy with two babies and I left a bottle for her. Well, around 3:00 PM I get a call that Peyton is screaming crying and refusing the bottle. I headed over there to feed Peyton and when I got there saw a red eyed grumpy little girl. I tried giving her the bottle myself and more screaming. So I gave up and fed her myself.

So, then last night I asked John to try and you would have thought that we ripped her leg off. She was so upset. I went ahead and fed her on one side and then offered her the bottle and she took it but not very well.

I am REALLY frustrated as this means I can't be away from her for more than a couple of hours which doesn't work out well with me going to the Rodeo on Friday with my two sisters. We will be trying the bottle again tonight in hopes that I don't have to cancel my plans on Friday. Once again...what a turkey!

No comments: