Monday, March 2, 2009

Slumber Party at Grandma's

Yesterday Peyton had her first slumber party at Grandma's!

John had a work party that night and since it wouldn't be done until around 11:00 PM we figured it would probably be easier for all for Peyton to just stay at Granny's until the morning. As you could probably guess...this was much harder for mom to handle than anyone else! Especially since this was the first time I have been away from her overnight or the first time she has woken up without seeing me.

Peyton got her bags all together including bottles for that night and for her morning feeding and was ready to go. She made sure to bring her own little suitcase that Auntie Ashley bought for her, as well....


Overall everything went well with Granny and Peyton (minus the meltdown because she didn't want to have a bottle) and John and I had a great time and a nice evening together. It was nice to be able to get all dressed up!

At the same time...this morning was the worst feeling ever. Well, it actually started last night when we got home and I realized there was no baby to be caring for. But it was even worse this morning. I had to get up around when she would normally to pump some milk (TMI...I know) and then we started getting ready for the day. It was weird to be so relaxed and not rushed but at the same time we both felt empty. I even went into her room and felt sick almost because I missed her so much. I went over this morning around eight to find a sound asleep little baby in Granny's bed and I was so happy when she woke up and I got my big Peyton smile. I know she had a great time since she constantly kept trying to look and play with my mom instead of me...hello...you haven't seen your mom all night! Either way....I am sure this will be the first of many slumber parties and we are so blessed that we have Granny so close to watch her.

No comments: