Monday, March 16, 2009

Time to get crafty

The other day I went out and bought Peyton some bows. I have been wanting to make her more girly but just didn't make the effort to go out and buy any bows. Well, when I saw that they were around $5.50-6.00 and up a bow, I realized why I didn't do this before. Either way...I wanted one for Easter/Spring and then one for her St. Patty's Day play date today. This is what I bought....the green one is just a green bow that I added a button on.


So, later that day as we were doing errands I realized...it can't be that hard to make your own bows. I came to that realization conveniently enough while I was at Hobby Lobby. I got some ribbon and barrettes there and then more supplies at Michaels later and found random ribbon around our house from wedding crafts and now have an abundance of ribbon, alligator clips, barrettes, glue and fray check and several websites with instructions.



Stay tuned to see how crafty I can hopefully be...otherwise we will be stuck paying $6 for a bow or Peyton will continue to be bow-less.

1 comment:

sarah said...

My mom emailed me a tutorial on how to make bows for babies so I'll find it and send it to you as soon as I get the chance.