Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

We headed over to my parents house for a wonderful dinner and time with family and friends! It was my family, my sister's friend and John's brother who joined us. There was TONS of food and a great time reflecting on all of our blessings.

I LOVE Thanksgiving for several reasons.......
  1. It is a day dedicated to reflecting and being thankful! As a Christian that is something that I try to practice regularly and to praise God for the abudant blessings in my life but even I need a reminder sometimes to sing praises and I love that we have a day where believers/non believers are encouraged to give thanks!
  2. I love the family gathering nature of Thanksgiving without the pressures of Christmas shopping and all the other traditions that although I love about Christmas can sometimes add a burden. I love that it is just about gathering and breaking bread together!
  3. I love watching LOTS OF FOOTBALL!
  4. I love how it kicks off the Christmas Season!
As I reflect...here is what I am thankful for this year.....
  • This year I am thankful for family! I am so beyond blessed to have my parents just down the street (0.7 miles) from us and that they have an amazing relationship with Peyton and with John. I am incredibly blessed to have their support, encouragement, guidance, wisdom and sometimes their extra hands while navigating being a mom, wife and a person.
  • I am thankful for our ability to get pregnant. We are already very blessed to have been given Peyton and we are thankful that we were able to get pregnant so easily and for the healthy pregnancy (minus my discomfort) we are having with Graham. So many wonderful people would love to be parents and can't and we are very thankful for this phase in our life.....even if I don't realize it every day!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are all nice and full!

No comments: