Friday, February 27, 2009

Madness

This week has been madness. So much has gone on at our house and we have been to chaos and back again!

Monday was a good day and pretty relaxing. Peyton and I went with my mom to the Heights area and Westheimer/Montrose area to go shopping and had a nice lunch at Empire Cafe where Peyton was very interested in cups. Every time you drink something around her she reaches out and make noises for you to bring it to her. So...this time we decided to let her try it. She knew exactly what to do but didn't like drinking something so cold. Since then she has been even more excited about glasses and the other day when we were in Target, I had some Starbucks and whenever I would bring it to my lips she would go, "ugh, ugh." Funny girl!
Tuesday we had a Mardi Gras themed play date with a new mom's group that I ended up joining. They have all kinds of get togethers so I am excited about attending more and getting to know all of the other moms better. Our next play date that we will be going to is in a couple of weeks. I am excited about forming relationships outside of all of the "couples" relationships that John and I have here. I have missed hanging out with girls! When I got home a couple hours later our floors were delivered!

Wednesday started off with me taking Peyton to the doctor because she sounded a little chesty and I wanted to make sure it wasn't anything and especially to make sure she didn't have an infection. Turns out it is just her body trying to get rid of everything and it might even be a little bit of allergies. Since it is not really the end of cold/flu season we need to make sure that isn't what it is and monitor her. Getting rid of the carpet will help and also we put in better air filters and I will be making sure to stay better on top of the dog hair etc. Hopefully she isn't allergic to Titus and it is too early to determine anything but it is something to start monitoring for sure.
We then got home and our floors were getting well on the way! It only took them about four or five hours to get the majority of the floors installed. It was a mess though! And for me the neat freak it was stressful! There was dust everywhere and our furniture was everywhere and nothing was organzied. Also, they disconnected the Internet which is why there was no blogging. After two days of chaos and dirt I finally got my house put back together and was able to enjoy how beautiful they look. It feels so much cleaner and bigger! Titus isn't too fond of them and the first night walked around crying because he couldn't sleep in his normal spots. I went out the next day and bought him a dog bed (which he loves) and a rug for the dining room window which is his favorite spot. He is much happier now!

So...here are some pictures of our new floors minus our master bedroom which I will post once I finish the headboard.....

1 comment:

Stori said...

I love Empire Cafe! And congratulations on your floors, they look awesome. The first thing we did when we moved into our house was install hardwood floors and its much easier to clean. I love your house, its very well decorated. I'm getting some help from my interior designer friend Jessica because I'm a little hopeless when it comes to anything artistic.