Saturday, May 16, 2009

Dinner and a walk across the parking lot...

Yesterday was a fun day but a long day! We drove to the Rice University area and had lunch with some of my old co-workers. It was nice to see old friends and as much as I don't really miss my job, I do miss the people I worked with and being around them every day. They are great people and so much fun! Peyton thought it was a little crazy how many new faces there were but she was a good girl and even with all of the excitement managed to finish her lunch.

That afternoon we both crashed and had a nap so when Daddy got home we had no dinner made or any desire to start cooking so we went out to a new pizza place here. It was good and a nice change. I was still tired and Peyton was pretty cranky getting into her car seat, fussed some at the restaurant and just being a turkey and so I was losing my patience (not really but a little...I probably had about 50% left). Well, when we left the restaurant we needed to go to Target which is about 0.25 miles across the parking lot. I honestly didn't want to deal with the drama of putting Peyton in the car seat and listen to her cry, arch her back and throw a temper tantrum so I told John that he should walk to Target carrying Peyton. At first he thought I was crazy but when I only opened the driver side door he realized he should start walking and he did. I laughed so hard the whole way to Target seeing them walking across the parking lot with Peyton's little hand up in the air and when I got there I got a cart all set up, picked them up and we went shopping as a happy family.

You know it was a long day when you make your husband walk 0.25 miles across a parking lot, carrying a 20 lb baby all because you just don't want the drama....

2 comments:

sarah said...

You aren't alone...we have done this several times! It's the in and out of the car seat that makes Emma nuts.

Did you try the pizza place over here by us, I assume? How was it? We want to try it.

Krysten said...

We tried it out on Thursday and it was really good. I want to try their pasta next time!