Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! We had a great weekend at the Acord house and I am filled with thankfulness that I am a mom and have a wonderful husband who appreciates the work I do and an adorable daughter....check out the red tints in her hair!

Friday we hung out in the morning and then Peyton and I headed to the gym! I finally did it! I trusted my little daughter to a complete stranger. It was so hard and I probably did my leg workout the fastest I ever have and I was worried the whole time but I did it! I only checked on her once during my 30 minute workout and she did great! She had a great time hanging out with the bigger kids. We came home and had lunch and Daddy was home right around then. That afternoon I went and got a pedicure which was so relaxing! Only frustrating thing was that I forgot to use then remainder of my gift card but that means I have to go back soon before it expires. 

Saturday we ventured out to our neighborhood pool for the first time with Peyton and as expected she LOVED it! As we were walking in she saw the fountains and kids splash area and was making her excited noises! It was a little cold but that didn't bother her at all and she loved floating around. It was a great practice run for us because now we know what we need/don't need for all the pool time we will be having on vacation. 


That afternoon we went to the airport to pick up Granny after her two week vacation. We have missed her so much and are so excited to have her back. Peyton gave her a big smile as soon as she saw her so she didn't forget her. 

And since our day had been busy enough...that evening we headed to a friend's house for Gumbo and games and had a blast! Peyton had great fun with a 2 1/2 year old boy! He was entertaining her with her stuffed duck and making noises and Peyton just died laughing...she was shrieking with excitement. It was great to see how well he interacted with her since that is around the age that we would like to have a second child (actually a little older...sorry Grandparents). It was a fun night and great times with new friends!

Finally today we celebrated Mother's Day! The morning started with French Toast, Starbucks, flowers and cards! We went to church with my mom and sisters and then went out for lunch.
The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing at Granny's house and then tonight John brought home Zio's for dinner and a bottle of my favorite wine! Kroger no longer carries it and I saw some at World Market the other day so he made a trip over there to get some for me! My other Mother's Day gift is a Some time at the spa on our vacation so I will be counting down the days until we leave and I can be spoiled!

A wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your a great mom and you deserve a wonderful day ! xx

Stori said...

So glad you had a great Mother's day! I love the red tints in Peyton's hair, I would love to have a red headed baby :).