Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Shutter Speed, F-stops, ISO....

I finally had my first photography class tonight! I found a bunch of classes with Houston Center for Photography but the problem was that they filled up so quickly. When I finally figured out what I wanted to take and when it would be full. I registered in February for this class and was so excited that it was finally here. 

I took a Introduction class that pretty much went over the three camera controls of film speed, shutter speed and aperture and learned some helpful advice as well as critiqued work to determine what camera control was the main focus. It was a packed two hours of information and me not being in a learning environment for awhile made it a little harder to pick things up but I made it through it with tons of notes. I am hoping this weekend I could practice some of the things I learned and get more comfortable on the manual setting. Peyton better be ready! Actually I am probably going to play with more still objects for now and also take some pictures of cars to work on shutter speed settings.

Next couple of classes I want to take is a Beyond the Basics class and then a Portraiture class. Hopefully I register for those early and take them this summer before I leave for Canada and then I can have a month to practice and take some Intermediate classes in the fall. 

Fun times!



No comments: