Thursday, May 21, 2009

Message to Peyton's Teeth...

...COME IN ALREADY!

This week has been filled with middle of the night feedings, crankiness, redness on her chin and cheeks and attacking every toy. Poor Peyton has been dealing with her stinking teeth! I know they are close to coming in and we would really just like them to come in already. It is awful seeing how miserable she is. Sometimes I think that this regression to middle of the night feedings is God's way of seeing if you want to have a second child any time soon. I personally love my sleep right now and am in no way ready for baby #2.

Despite the crankiness, one laugh from earlier this week was watching Peyton turn the fan light off and on. John was walking by the fan holding Peyton and reached up to pull the light cord thing and Peyton also reached up and tried to grab it. So, we held her up (don't worry Grandparents...the fan was off) and let her pull the cord over and over again. She loved it! It was pretty amusing and I didn't think much more of it until the next morning when every fan we walked by she would start to get excited and want to grab it. Silly girl! I love moments like that...seeing the excitement in the simplest things and watching her learn about the world! Check out the even greater excitement on daddy's face!


Today we are off to San Diego! John and I are so excited and both are very ready for a vacation. We are really praying that this will be a relaxing and energizing vacation where we can focus on our family, our marriage and come back stronger. We will be there through Tuesday and pretty much all we have planned is a trip to the zoo, a massage and facial for me and then a shopping trip to Nordstrom Rack. Other than that we are going to relax by the pool, look around and see the beach and relax in our room.  I am also excited about having some time to take pictures of Peyton! I haven't been using my camera at all lately. I hope that Peyton does OK on the plane, adjusts to the time change and enjoys the change in scenery. 

Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend everyone!

No comments: