Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Finger Food

So, we didn't make it to the gym yesterday which means I didn't leave Peyton in the daycare. We were having a lazy morning and having such a good time playing and hanging out I just didn't want to go. Which really means that I couldn't do it and I found any excuse not to go. I have no intention of taking her today so our next possible time is tomorrow and really that is our only time since John is home on Friday and that would be silly to take her to the daycare while I work out. This is so hard for me.....but I need to rip off the bandage and show Peyton that it is OK to be without mommy and that she can trust that I will always come back for her....and I used to wonder why parents didn't like leaving their kids at church!

Anyways, so instead of the gym, Peyton and I went to one of our favorite stores Target to pick up some diapers and some other stuff and while I was there I saw the Gerber Puffs and also some Earths Best Teething Biscuits. I had a coupon with me for the puffs and we went ahead and got both of the new food items. We later had our first lunch date with just me and Peyton (we have always been with other people) at Chick a Fila which was so much fun! She was such a happy girl and enjoyed eating out with her mommy.

When we got home I gave Peyton a teething biscuit to see what she would do and at first it became an object to hit other toys with and make noise but once it made it into her mouth and she realized it tasted like something she was sold. She slobbered on it for awhile and then left it on the ottoman...later I went back to get it and it was gone. I know that Peyton didn't magically figure out how to pull herself up and eat it so I am assuming that the dog found it. Ohhh Titus!

Later that night I gave her some of the puffs after she ate her dinner and she was a little hesitant at first but quickly realized that she could pick them up and put them in her mouth and then little Miss Independent was sold. She thought they were great! Like the cup these could become something that she loves a little too much so I need to make sure they make their debut after she eats her main meal until she can have them as snacks throughout the day. Since she is not crawling yet I want to only give them to her when she is sitting in her highchair so I can make sure she isn't choking.

Lots of fun seeing her explore new foods and textures! I love it!

No comments: