Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh BOY!

Yesterday we started our First Trimester screening and got to have an ultrasound of our precious baby and yes the title of this post has a lot to do with what we found out! I was so nervous that how sick I have been and how poor I have eaten would have affected the baby but all is well and our little baby is healthy as can be and just like it should be!

Seeing ultrasounds always reminds John and I both of God's amazing power and detail in our lives. What I loved most about yesterday was how much it corresponded with what Peyton has been learning at church. This week they were learning how God Knows You and we were to read Psalm 139 this week and talk about God forming them in Mommy's belly and talk about how she was born. Peyton and I just read Psalm 139 the day before and all throughout the ultrasound I was reciting pieces in my head, specifically, verses 13-16,

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

I loved being able to come home and explain that God knew her before she was even formed in my womb and that God knows and loves this baby. I don't know how much she got because all I got was baby...point to belly....but I love that I was able to try to explain God's deep love for us and magnificent power.

Back to the ultrasound....I loved hearing the heart beat (155 bpm), seeing the blood flow through the body, see a strong and good placenta and just see the baby move, kick and be like God has designed it to be! I am so beyond blessed and so thankful for another healthy baby on the way!


Some big news of the day was when the technician asked if we wanted to try and see what the gender was. With Peyton they said they wouldn't try so we were not expecting that question. She tried and tried to get the baby to move and finally it did and she said there is an 80% chance it is a BOY! We will know for sure in 6 weeks when I go back October 19th but for now they are pretty confident on boy, there was defiantly a placenta and then something else in a different area! Crazy! So, I am a little freaked out because I am the oldest of three girls and know NOTHING about boys expect what I have learned since being married but I guess that is how John felt being the oldest of three boys and having Peyton! I am very excited for the much anticipated boy and I think Peyton will do amazing with a brother!

I had some blood work done (which was awful...I hate needles but have awesome veins apparently but this time she missed and had to dig around and then redo it...I cried) and then will be back in 5 weeks for more blood work (fun) and 6 for the ultrasound. This is all to check on any genetic disorders, Down Syndrome and just make sure everything is growing like it should so we can be prepared if it isn't. So far everything looks perfect though especially since today was mostly looking for any early indications of Down Syndrome. The next one is to look for any issues with anatomy/development.

And...by the way I am super excited that this babies profile picture looks NOTHING like Peyton's....maybe this one will look like me a little bit or maybe I am just hoping...ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Stori said...

My Predictions:
1. Boy - Correct
2. Looks just like Che - We will have to see, but I think it will! Haha, I'm so excited for your family.