Thursday, April 17, 2014

Dinner Under the Stars Baby Shower

Shortly after I found out I was pregnant, four of my closest friends here asked to throw me a baby shower and started planning. The big day was finally here and I was so excited to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our little girl with friends!

When my friends asked me if there was anything I wanted specifically for the shower the only thing I had asked was that Peyton be involved in some way….and that I was fine with it being super girly/pink. I really wanted to share this time with her and recognize her role as the oldest and big sister and share in a special memory with her. So, we decided that she would be come to the first hour of the shower and she was so excited to get all dressed up and come with me. She wanted me to paint her nails, fix her hair, put a bow in her hair which are all things that she never wants to do. She was just so excited about being the only kid at the party and being part of this day! 

So thankful and blessed to be mommy to these two….and soon to be three!
The shower theme was "Dinner under the Stars," and when we arrived at the shower I was so incredibly overwhelmed and started getting teary eyed because it was so beautiful! I was amazed at everything they had done and all the details and just overwhelmed with gratitude.








The tables were beautifully decorated with lots of gold, pink and glitter! Even the candle holders had pink chevron paper around them and the girls spray painted paper circles to use as chargers. The place holders were place cards with glittered clothes pins attached on them! Every seat had either a pink or white pashmina as a favor/thank you gift. What made this all even more impressive was that this was all done with things they found in Saudi! They hand made everything or hunted for things here which is a huge feat!

The stars hung around were made from card stock and sewn into bunting with a sewing machine!
As part of honoring Peyton they made signs for our chairs and also gave her a gift with a sweet card recognizing her role as a big sister and some gifts for her. She loved her seat and she has her banner hanging up in room!




One friend made a gorgeous diaper cake! The centerpiece was made of some cute onsies that a friend's grandmother sent over specifically for our little girl which was such a sweet and thoughtful touch. The frame had cards hanging by little clothes pins where everyone wrote a wish for our little girl. 


I am so incredibly thankful for these four women in my life. They mean the world to me and I am so incredibly thankful to have them in my life here. I could not even imagine life here without them and they are lifelong friends. They are our family here!


Peyton was so excited to have her fancy lemonade! I loved having her there being a part of that day! Her being there for just an hour was the perfect amount of time. She loved it but she was ready to leave and go play at her friends house with John and Graham!


Not only are my friends awesome party planners they are amazing chefs and they put together a delicious dinner for everyone! We had delicious appetizers and then a butternut squash soup and potato leek soup, a strawberry walnut chicken salad, salmon and so many other light meal options. It was all so delicious! And it was a wonderful time of hanging out with friends.





Then it was a dessert time! There was a white chocolate custard with strawberry sauce sprinkled with edible glitter, a chocolate cake with whipped cream and strawberries and then mini cheesecake topped with blueberries…. I said that my friends were awesome chefs!  






The night continued with enjoying time with friends, opening gifts and celebrating the upcoming arrival of our little girl! It was a wonderful night and I am so thankful for all the hard work that was put into that night to celebrate and honor us! So blessed!



No comments: