Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Getting Crafty for Baby Girl

After finding out that we were having a baby girl I got the urge to get crafty and make super cute girly things for her. If I was back in the States I probably would have just gone crazy buying things off of Etsy so it is a good thing I couldn't and had to do things myself!

I started with some cute onesie dresses and a skirt. I actually had this fabric around the house and used an old maternity shirt for one of the dresses. I made matching bows from the fabrics as well for her. 


I did go out and buy some Fourth of July themed fabric for another onesie dress that I am still working on finishing….I need blue thread but I can't just drive myself out to get it but it is all pinned and ready to go so once I do get the thread it will be quick to finish up! I also have enough fabric left over to make a skirt for Peyton to match!

I used an old frame to make a bow holder and completely underestimated how many bows I already had left over from Peyton and how many I would end up making or buying. She has a whole drawer organizer full as well :) I also made some headbands to attach the bows to since I couldn't find much here. I am sure that problem with be fixed this summer when we go home!



Speaking about bows….after I made some from fabric, searched for cute ribbon in Saudi and came up short (on my shopping list for the summer) and sorted the ones I had, I found a great website through a friend called Hair Bow Club that sells pre made and custom bows for super cheap! They are based in China and ship to Saudi! I only made a small order this time of 14 hows to match some outfits that I knew I didn't have a bow for and to experiment with the various styles and sizes and the total for all 14 bows and shipping was under $15! It did take close to twenty days for them to arrive but they are nice quality bows and I am impressed. I am sure we will have several more orders in our future :)



I also couldn't find decent priced burp rags here and so I made some of my own! I made two of each of the patterns so we are set! I did attempt this one day though when I was suffering from three nights of no sleep and having a super pregnancy brain day so the first couple are a little sketchy looking on the seams but the rest turned out great.




I would still love to make a bigger bow holder with her name on it, some more outfits and more bows and maybe venture into making her a small quilt to use as a play mat/blanket but I am going to have to wait until we can go back to the States and get more supplies. I am also saving TONS of items on Etsy for ideas of things to make or just buy for her. It has been fun to make things for our little girl!

No comments: