Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Why I wish Oregon was closer....

Monday afternoon we had a visit from my college roommate/best friend/maid of honor Megan! She lives in Oregon and was in Beaumont for her grandmother's wedding. Instead of heading straight home she decided to spend Monday night with us and then leave Tuesday. I was so excited about getting to see her, having her finally see our house and meeting Peyton.
We had such a great time together! I miss her so much! I know that she is thinking about moving back to Texas someday with her husband and I am really hoping they do. Megan is the type of friend that there are no masks with. She is honest and always herself. You get complete honesty and transparency from her and you can do the same with her. What was so nice about this visit was that she was married last June and this was the first time that we were together both as wives. It brought a whole new aspect to our friendship and such a blessing to talk with such a good friend about something that we now share!

We spent the afternoon Monday playing with Peyton and it was so weird to see my college roommate here playing with my daughter. We have gone through so much together and I love that I can share this part of my life with her.

John came home from work and once I got Peyton into bed we went out just the girls for some Mexican food! We had so much fun talking and talking about everything!

We then came home and hung out and talked with John until about 1:00 AM in the morning. Of course Peyton woke up early the next day (she knows when mommy doesn't get any sleep) so I was up at 4:00 AM with her. I was exhausted most of yesterday but it was worth it!

I thought it would be fun to share some of the photos of Megan and I over the 5 1/2 years that we have known each other. We still find it mind boggling that we went from being potluck roommates our sophomore year of college to now being married and sitting in the living room of my house surrounded by baby toys.

Our joint 20th Birthday Party about a month after we met..potluck roommates

My 21st Birthday


Graduation May 2006

My Wedding -October 2006

Visiting Megan in Oregon - September 2007

Pregnant at Megan's Bachelorette Party - May 2008

Megan's Wedding in Oregon - June 2008

1 comment:

Amber K. said...

I love seeing the progression of pictures. Ah, growing up...