Saturday, April 11, 2009

Beach Time

Because having your first Easter Egg Hunt wasn't enough excitement for the day (see previous post)...Peyton also went to the beach for the first time.

Some of my mom's friends and their daughter drove from West Houston to spend the day with my mom and they all decided to go to Galveston so we all headed down there. The original plan was to spend the afternoon with my mom, Auntie Shannon, Auntie Ashley, and my mom's friends and their daughter. Well, shortly after arriving Shannon slipped on a rock and sliced her foot open. Not cool! They wrapped it up in a towel and my mom, Shannon and Ashley made a trip to UTMB. She didn't need stitches and she is in pain but doing OK and should be fine but we could have done without all of that. So, while they were off visiting Galveston's ER...John, Peyton and I enjoyed the company of my mom's guests! We had a blast hanging out with them and it was a good afternoon.
Now about Peyton and what she thought about this beach adventure...she LOVED it! She is such and outdoors girl. She loves being outside and is so happy. As soon as we got out of the car she was looking around and watching the waves. When we got settled on our blanket she was watching everything and eating the sandcastle toys that I bought for her. When we made it down to the water she was full of giggles! She loved feeling the sand and then when the water touched her feet she was even happier. It was so much fun and we love seeing her experience new things. Trips to the beach will be more and more frequent especially since it so close and free!


We are all pretty tired from our busy day and Peyton is out for the night although she was surprisingly happy for such a busy day...maybe my easy going baby is making a comeback...I sure hope so!

What a wonderful Good Friday!

Side note.....John and I realized today while we were at the beach that on August 9, 2003 we were there on a date and we made a sandcastle and then that night we went to Kemah for dinner and John asked me to be his girlfriend. Here is a picture of us from 6 years ago to go along with this trip down memory lane....

Yes..mommy had a nose ring! Doesn't help me much with the, "you shouldn't pierce your body talk," in about 12 years or so.
Almost 6 years later and here we are with our precious little girl. I would have never thought that was possible 6 years ago!

No comments: