Sunday, April 19, 2009

Crazy Rain

I knew it was going to rain on Saturday pretty much all day long but I didn't think it would be that bad. When I thought it had let up I packed up and went over to my mom's because we were going to spend the rest of the rainy day shopping for a prom dress for Shannon. It was going to be a fun afternoon with both of my sisters and my mom. Peyton and I just made it over to my moms and go inside when suddenly what seemed like a hurricane came through. The wind was insane, it was a crazy amount of rain coming sideways and sometimes looked like a fire hose was being directed at the windows along with strong winds. When it was done the streets were flooded, trees were down, fences were down and if trees weren't done they went bent.

The power went out at our house so poor John was all alone in the dark. Here is what it looked like out front our house....


Well, after the rain had stopped and the street in front of my mom's house had drained we thought it would be fine to continue our trip to the mall. As you can imagine that was foolish and we got stuck all over League City trying to avoid high water and eventually turned around.
I like rain but in no way do I like this much.

No comments: