Saturday, April 25, 2009

My Addiction

Have you noticed my lack of blogging this week? Note the last time I posted something was on Tuesday...do you know what we did on Tuesday night? Well, we went to Mooyah's Hamburgers ...which has nothing to do with my lack of blogging but I wanted to share a cute Peyton picture and story.....

At the restaurant they cook the burgers behind some glass so you can pretty much see them doing everything. Lots of movement and people in silly hats. Well, Peyton was so fascinated by all of the commotion and this was her watching them so intently...what a silly girl!

After dinner John surprised me with a trip to Barnes and Noble to pick a non child related book! To know how much this meant to me you need to know some background info. First, I love reading! This has been a love of mine for sometime now. In Junior High you would find me in my closet or in bed with a light when I was supposed to be sleeping. I couldn't get enough and I read books super fast (like one a day sometimes). This lead to me getting the highest Accelerated Reader (a book reading program in school) points in the state. You were required to get like 60 or so a year and I got around 3,000 points and a really cool certificate! So you can pretty much say that I love to read.
So, I picked out the Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards to read and since Tuesday I could not put it down. It was so good! I love books! I love imagining what the characters are doing or what they look like and picturing the scene. It is better than movies to me.
Well in order to finish it in a couple of days I did NOTHING around the house...besides change diapers...no worries, Peyton's quality of care was not affected. Since I finished it pretty quickly John said he would go and get me another book but I told him that our house needed to be cleaned and laundry needed to be done so we should wait a couple of weeks.
Did I say that I love reading?!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a reading teacher's ideal student! I totally know what AR is!! :o)

Laura