Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter Sunday! I wish I posted yesterday but it was a busy day and by the time I found some free time I was so tired all I wanted to do was nap. It was such a great day though.
Peyton got a little stuffed bunny from the Easter bunny which she thought was pretty cool and tasty....
We started the morning off with a great Sunday service about the hope that the we have in our LIVING Lord. It was nice and even nicer was sitting beside my sisters and my mom for the first time in about four years or so (maybe even five). How more great it would have been if my dad was here and not working overseas...maybe next year. We managed to get home from church not too soaked from the rainstorm and started our Easter festivities.

Peyton was adorable in her Easter dress and loved all of the attention of both of her Aunts, her Granny and Auntie Ashley's boyfriend.
We went over to Granny's and Peyton had her own Easter basket waiting for her and then she had her own Easter egg hunt with little eggs that Papa had left for her. They were shaped like animals and she thought they were pretty interesting.

We then had a grown up Easter egg hunt which had a nice twist this year leaving me with $20 for my egg hunting efforts (I spent that this morning on a cute sundress I have been wanting at Target).

Peyton talked to Papa on the phone and she was smiling and really listening to him talk to her and even talked back. It was adorable! She has always loved to hear him talk!
After the hunt we had a wonderful lunch as a family. It was delicious and Peyton even had her own seat complete with fine china and crystal toasting glass perfect for her size. She of course knew exactly what to do and drank out of it like a big girl.
Ashley and I were responsible for dessert this year so she brought a yummy trifle and I made a cake called a Strawberry Freeze which was so yummy. It was really easy to make so I will have to make it again and take a picture of it next time so I can blog about the recipe! Great use for our fresh strawberries from Frobergs.

It was a busy day but such a beautiful day celebrating the hope we have in the resurrection of Jesus!
I will leave you with Peyton's bible verse from Pee Wee Ville for the month....

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

No comments: