Monday, July 11, 2011

Graham: 4 months

My little man is already 4 months old and what a joy he is! I can't believe it has been four months since I went to the hospital to have him...time has flown by!
I am so in love with him and he is so much fun! Graham is such a sweet, easy going, content baby! He just goes with the flow and is pretty easy going which is wonderful with the unpredictable schedules some days.

I am loving baby #2 and finding that I am more relaxed, treasure our current stage as opposed to always looking at what he should be doing next, it is a nice feeling. I am also noticing that since he is the baby and more than likely our last, I have a hard time with the idea of being away from him and am even more sad when I realize he is growing up (like when we had to switch out his clothes to a bigger size). I haven't left Graham alone with someone other than John since we have been here and since he has been born he has only been with my mom and one time with my friend Sarah while I went to a doctors appointment. Eventually I will need to leave him with someone but I am in no rush and am treasuring this precious baby stage because I know it quickly passes.

Here are some stats on Graham....
  • He is a BIG boy...he weighs 17lbs 6.6 oz which puts him in the 90th percentile and he is 26.38" which puts him at the 95th percentile for height! Doctor said that if he keeps up like that he is going to be a big guy...maybe he will play football at Texas!
  • He is already in 6 months clothes and some of them are getting small. He is just so tall and chunky!
  • Graham is so heavy in his car seat and I just can't carry him around. I use our stroller all the time because I am not strong enough to haul him around.
  • He is healthy and growing like he should. He is strong and meeting all the milestones
  • He rolled over from his tummy to back this month and is so close to rolling from back to tummy. He gets onto his side and then can't get over the last shoulder.
  • He LOVES his Baby Einstein play mat and loves to look at the sun that lights up and plays songs. He will play there forever and the other day even fell asleep on it and napped for about an hour!
  • Graham is starting to discover his voice and is making these screaming sounds at you. He loves it when you mimic him and you can go on and on having a conversation with him
  • He eats 6 ounces of formula every 3 hours and then 4 ounces right before bed time
  • He is still sleeping through the night...8:00 PM to 6:30 AM! He will have one long nap during the day for about 2 hours and then a couple short 30 minute ones.
  • He smiles all the time, has had an audible laugh once but makes these gasping sounds that sound like a laugh all the time
  • He wants to walk, crawl, move....he loves to stand on his feet and try to walk. It is pretty amusing
  • He loves his "lovey" and likes to have it silky side on his head when he is sleeping in the car seat
  • He is grabbing at toys, pulling things to his mouth, constantly sucking on his hands and is drooling all the time so maybe teeth are on the way
  • Graham loves Scottish accents and constantly smiles, watches and coos at anyone who has a Scottish accent. Good thing there are several women that I have breakfast with on Saturdays who are from Scotland!
It is amazing how much fun number 2 is....Peyton was fun but we were so scared and worried about everything and making sure we were doing things right. This time we are so much relaxed and can just enjoy this time for what it is. We love having two and love the dynamic between them, the differences and just feel like our family is complete. We are so thankful for two healthy children and are looking forward to seeing Graham really start figuring things out these next couple of months!

I am hoping to get some good pictures of him and all his rolls but I just haven't had the time to sit down and do it and he has been kind of cranky from shots so hopefully soon! Stay tuned because they are pretty adorable!

No comments: