Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy 30th Birthday!

John turned 30! He has been so excited about this birthday and before moving I had all these plans for a huge party and well...moving kind of changed things up a bit!

I tried to plan a surprise dinner for him at Chili's the day before his birthday but he figured it out awhile ago but didn't tell me he knew but he kept giggling to himself when we were walking through the mall to go to Chili's and Peyton kept going on and on about how she was going to see Gavin and I kept trying to divert her or explain how we were going another day. Anyways, his smile gave it away that he knew. He appreciated me trying to do something though! We had a great dinner with friends, co workers and enjoyed the company.

On John's actual birthday I spent the whole day at the Perrys and then John came and picked me up. We got the name and some directions to a local Indian place and we set out to find it. It was certainly an adventure and we finally found the place only to have to drive through all these back roads/alleys to find a parking spot and then walk back four blocks. We made it inside, went upstairs to the family seating area, got a closed in booth complete with our own door and looked at the menu and were utterly overwhelmed with all the choices and had no idea what to order. We very randomly picked four dishes and hoped for the best. I LOVED one of the dishes, hated one, and kind of liked the other two. We had so much fun! It was so an adventure, full of craziness in trying to find our way around, driving, parking, being in a non mall type area and ordering food that we had no idea what we would get. A fun way to spend the night and we both just felt so blessed to be able to have these adventures with one another.

I forgot my camera so all I had was the one on my phone...


John....hope you had a wonderful birthday in Saudi! We love you so much and think you are amazing. You are a blessing to me and to our children and I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with you.

On a side note...my kids are AMAZING! Peyton went to bed late the night before, had a long day playing with her friend Gavin and we didn't end up getting to the restaurant at 8:00 PM and leaving at 9:30 PM and she just talked with us, played games on the iPad, tried all the food we offered her and was a trooper. I am amazed at how much she has grown up since being here. She has adapted so well to our new life and how many times you have to just go with the flow.

No comments: