Thursday, October 13, 2011

5 years!

Today is our five year anniversary! I can not even begin to explain how surreal it is to be celebrating five years of marriage! 




Many times it feels like it was just yesterday that we were married yet most of the time it feels like ages ago with so much that has happened in our marriage. In five years we were married, I started a job, bought a house, had a baby, quit my job and lived off one income, started a part time job, quit that part time job, had another baby, moved to Saudi and so much more in between all those big events. 


To say that these past years has been wedded bliss and so easy would be far from the truth but I am so thankful for where we are in marriage, what we have learned and how we have grown in our individual faith and as a family and where we are now. We are in a good place, have learned more about each other and marriage than I ever thought we would five years in and feel so blessed to have a husband who is committed to the sacred covenant of marriage.


 


I remember so clearly the excitement, anticipation, joy, bliss that I felt on our wedding day. Our wedding was everything I wanted and I am so thankful for that day where we were able to celebrate with our family and friends and pledge our love and devotion to each other in front of God. 


Thank you for being by my side and I am so thankful for you and the life we have together, I look forward with anticipation to the future and feel blessed to be able to have John by my side. I wouldn't want to do life and all the craziness with anyone else! 


No comments: