Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat

Happy Halloween! 

Our first Halloween in Saudi and our first Halloween with this adorable and cuddly bear....



That was Graham's original Halloween costume but it is a little tight so I was only able to squeeze him into it for about ten minutes before he started complaining. I bought while I was in Abu Dhabi (9-12 month size) thinking it would fit but in six weeks it was way too small. He is so cuddly though!


Since I can't find a pumpkin to do pumpkin carving...well, I found one but it was $50 for something that looked like it came from the pumpkin family but not really....I tried to think of a fun thing to do with Peyton. We tried making paper bag jack-o-laterns and well...they turned out kind of scary and weird. But it was fun and Peyton didn't know the difference!



I managed to convince Peyton to wear a new Halloween costume since she has worn her mermaid to every other event and it worked and so she was a pirate tonight! She kept telling me she was Jake from Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney. 




We then loaded up the other pirate and set out for Trick or Treating! I wish I planned better and made the wagon into a boat with a sail but I didn't think of it until we had already started! I need to plan better  next year especially since everyone here goes all out and even decorates their golf carts (what a lot of people use as their primary transportation around camp).




Peyton went house to house and did great with saying "Trick or Treat" and "thank you" and "Happy Halloween." She loved it and was full of energy and all about "getting more candy." She was so independent and went to every house "by myself."



This little pirate stayed in the ship and took in the sights. He lasted about 30 minutes or so and then headed back with Daddy to get his treat...some milk! They handed out candy at our house while Peyton and I stayed with a group of her friends and went to some more houses. 



We ended up with tons of candy and had a great time with friends. I loved seeing how much our community got into Halloween and was so impressed with how many people were out handing out candy. It was nice to see that community feel. 

And...this is a picture I found in Peyton's backpack that she did at school. I was so impressed with how well she did staying in lines, coloring things the appropriate colors...it is my new favorite picture!

No comments: