Sunday, May 6, 2012

Just another shopping trip...

Every shopping trip here is an experience. Whether it is rushing to beat prayers, praying for safety on the roads and the crazy driving, trying to find something that seems like it should be there or at that store...many, many times we just have to laugh. Well, the other night when we went and got the bike for Peyton we had a couple of instances that stood out to us. The first was when we went looking for air purifiers for our house. The dust, sand and wind really make for some bad allergies and we were hoping to find something to help in the house. We found some great Honeywell purifiers for the rooms but I was tempted to buy the following.....
Because whenever I think of a product promotion....I think of deep fryers and air purifiers. Totally random in my opinion. 

What is really blog worthy about our shopping trip that evening was the background music in the mall...wait, not music because that is forbidden in Saudi malls....instead we had this....


Yes....a fire alarm sound.....for the THREE hours plus that we were shopping. I almost LOST it! The AC was off because they like to turn it off in low peak hours and it was an early weeknight so I was hot, wearing my abaya, trying to buy kids clothes for our cruise in between prayers, Graham was crying because he wanted to walk and I was going crazy with the annoying fire alarm sound. Have no idea why it was going off. No one seemed worried. Pretty much we guessed that the guy who knows how to work that was either not there or busy and since there is only one person who knows how to do it, they just let it go and go and go. 

And although this wasn't in Saudi...my sister in Abu Dhabi posted a picture of something she found in the toy section of a store called LuLu's.....we have a LuLu's here but I seriously doubt that we have such a risque toy sold in the store in Saudi....


Another random find in The Middle East! I love how it is between a toy phone and a solar kit science thing. This place just cracks me up sometimes! 

No comments: