Friday, September 26, 2008

Baby Free Time....

John took his Friday off today which meant he was home with us all day which allowed me to take the opportunity to get some "baby free time." I called on Thursday and made an appointment to get a pedicure and manicure. Then today, after feeding Peyton I headed off for some alone time. 

It was nice to get away but it was a weird feeling. Although I was alone and could essentially relax I was constantly thinking about John and Peyton and whether she was doing alright and being good for him. I even called after my pedicure to see if I needed to come home before I got my manicure done. Then when I was getting my manicure I realized it was getting close to her next feeding and asked the lady to hurry up (I felt so bad). So, although it was relaxing and nice to be pampered, times have changed and I quickly realized that even though it was supposed to be "baby free time," I am truly never free from being a mom which is not a bad thing, just something new to get used to. Also, I realized that as soon as left the nail place and headed home, I couldn't wait to see my new family!

No comments: